LUPUS UK

The Wolf Inside

Since the new year I have been going along to a creative writing class just to challenge myself to try something new and to get my mind occupied with something other than the worry and anxiety associated with having a chronic health condition. Tonight's session is about poetry and so I have just dashed off a few lines on the subject of lupus . . . I thought I would try them out on all of you in our lovely HU group. Let me know what you think (I don't pretend to be a particularly creative person I must admit!)

'The Wolf Inside'

The doctor said, 'It's lupus'

'How can that be?' I cried,

I cannot have a monster living right inside.

But when it howls, I must submit

To the rages from within

Attacking every part of me

From brain and heart to skin.

The wolf hides in the shadows of each individual cell

Only a shot of poison can try to make me well.

The hunters always do their best to keep the beast at bay

But now I have to run with the pack

And keep living for today.

Tx

9 Replies
oldestnewest

I love it ! Beautifully executed! Keep it up Sjogibear x

1 like

Hi

You may not think you're creative but that's an injustice to yourself.

Well done, a short verse which says so much about this horrible disease and the misery it causes.

You should be very proud of yourself, look forward to reading more 😁 x

1 like

Great, SjogiBear! It's a metaphor that is full of interesting possibilities and allusions. I like the ambivalence of the shot/poison to keep you safe. You should definitely keep writing x

2 likes

Definitely keep at it Terri - it’s so sharp and would great for awareness raising!

Please can you do an equivalent for Sjögren’s now too? We badly need an equivalent symbol to the Lupus wolf I feel?! X

1 like

Excellent, I love it & more to the point can relate & understand your literary work fully & at so many personal levels. SjogiBear Thank you, very well done. I am looking forward to appreciating more of your creative work. xx Pixiewixie

1 like

You are very talented, I thought that was beautiful x

1 like

Yes I agree with all of the above. If that's something you've just rattled off, it's amazing. Well done you. I'd love to see more of your writing as it comes.

1 like

Well done, you nailed it!

1 like

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support 😊🌹🌻🌼

2 likes

You may also like...