Ok ...so....since last summer SLE has been causing some trouble. Then my super brilliant consultant had the good idea of moving to a new hospital. So just when I really needed him all appointments were delayed then cancelled pending a new consultant being appointed. Eventually I saw a lecturer who had been pulled into clinic from the academic side and was so out of touch she thought she would be able to prescribe me Co proxamol (if only...my stash running low). Because my Anti d/s DNA was lower than the super high level in the summer....her description...she was keen to write the whole blip off as over (which wasnt how it felt) and to get rid of me and make herself feel she had done something useful she soon fixated on iron levels. She wrote to GP who saw me and I was able to see some of the letter. She had written something like it would be good to get the infusion done while the lupus was quiet. I was cross 'I like her idea of quiet' I grumbled to the GP. What I should have said I now realise is 'Why is it best done when lupus quiet'. I had the infusion last Monday. All fine. No anaphylaxis and I have had it before so not expecting a problem. Wham ...Wednesday night ....big lupus reaction. Fever, pain that couldn't be touched by my stash of Co proxamol...resorted to butrans....which give me allergic reaction but did deal with pain. Am now improving but feeling battered for all that. It's a major blow as I think I was going in the right direction. Definitely felt I was getting better but not quite there yet. I am now kicking myself...why didn't I ask that super obvious question. Kick kick kick!!!