I'm sure everyone on this forum has a few of these! Things people have said that make you want to pull out your hair.
My Mum lives abroad, she is a worrier and likes to talk about my illness a lot to her friends who are mostly very cynical older British people, through her I have heard so much utter b*llocks including:
- I knew someone who had that she took Vitamin D supplements/St John's wort/insert vitamin here and that cured it!
- A vegan/gluten/wheat/dairy free diet will cure all of her symptoms!
- You just need to exercise more/eat healthier
- Stop thinking about it and you'll be fine
- you just need to have a positive attitude
- Stop over exaggerating/ being a hypochondriac, it's not that bad!
- There's so many people worse off than you...
- *when you explain you're condition to someone* oh thankfully its nothing serious or, ''oh, is that all''.