My name is Natasha, I'm 25 and new to the page.
I have been suffering from a number of health issues since I retutned to the UK in 2014 after 12 years in Spain.
On Friday I was hospitalised following severe chest pain. ECG, bloods and xray showed no heart issues but inflammation to the chest bone and muscle and probably viral pleurisy.
It was suggested to me by an acquaintance that I could be suffering from Lupus. I had no idea what it was, but following investigation I believe that it may be the case and have no idea how to proceed.
I work as a live in carer and spend weeks away from home at a time (currently away on a 13 week booking) and my gp practice in Southampton is awful. I have never seen my own gp and the locums take no interest on the numerous visits I've had for individual complaints.
My health has been declining gradually and I suspected I suffer from psoriatic arthritis but now believe Lupus is my problem.
Here are my symptoms if you can take the time to read through this post, I would be so grateful:
- Constantly aching bones, muscles and neck: I suffer from pain in my lower back, left leg, left buttock, across my shoulders, left knee and my feet. Every day some degree of pain is present though I suffer flare ups in my feet which is debilitating and leaves me hardly able to walk from the burning pain.
- Constant Mouth Ulcers/Receeding Gums: Since January I have had ulcers on my tongue and my mouth every two weeks. Receeding gums for four years.
- Dry eyes and parched mouth: I have been suffering from constantly dry eyes that feel like sandpaper and my mouth is so dry. I drink litres of water every day due to the parched feeling.
- Pleurisy and Shortness of breath: I have had three bouts of Viral Pleurisy in less than a year. GP told me I had repetitive strain injury and refused to listen to my chest. Discovered after trips to A&E. I suffer shortness of breath even just walking up the stairs.
- Constant Fatigue: Debilitating tiredness and sheer exhaustion in my body no matter how much sleep or rest I get. Mentioned to my GP and told to quit my job!
- Butterfly like rash on face and rash on chest: I have had a red rash on my cheeks for a long time but put it down to the change in the weather after moving back to the uk. I also get flare ups of a non itchy rash on my chest.
- Gastrointestinal Issues: Treated for a bleeding Duodenal Ulcer in '08 at the age of 17 following three years of misdiagnosis due to my young age, Hiatus Hernia diagnosed in Oct'15 after an emergency Endoscopy following Oesphagitus and Grade B acid burns to the Oesophagus (vomiting blood, acid reflux and black stools) the gp who referred me told me she suspectes IBS due to stomach cramps, constipation and diarrhea on a long term basis. No further investigation offered. Put on Lansoprazol 30mg.
- Chest pain: Bouts of severe chest pain in March' 16, June'16, August'16. Hospitalisation in August. Clear ECG, bloods and Xray. Inflammation to chest muscle and bone was reason given. Prescribed Cocodamol as can't take antiflammatories due to hernia and ulcer.
- Psoriasis: Cronic psoriasis affecting scalp. Also have patches on elbows, knee, sole of feet, arms and hand. Severe pitting of fingernails, toenails and loss of two toenails. Prescribed Betnovate cream and scalp solution.
-Thining hair: Losing alarming amount of hair after brushing. Also have hair loss after washing and on pillow. Hair is thin and brittle.
-UTI: Three urinary tract infections in less than a year.
-Weight Gain: Have gained 3 stone in 23 months. Lead a much more sedentary life style but adjusting diet hasn't helped.
- Constant headaches/ Migraines/Jaw ache: I have a headache at some point every day. Suffered first Migraine in July'14 and have had four since then. One migraine lasted for a week in June'16. I wake up every day with jaw ache.
-Balance issues and dizziness upon standing: Random episodes of loss of balance resulting in falling or lurching. Blackening of vision when standing. Especially when standing from sitting.
- Sun rash/Night sweats: Itchy red rash after 5 min exposure to sun. Waking up bathed in sweat and clammy at night.
- Endometriosis/Miscarriage/ Fertility issues: Always had painful and longer than average periods but started very prolonged bleeding of five plus weeks in Nov'15. GP told me I had endometriosis and prescribed Noresthisterone. No further help or advice offered. Second trip to gp and was told they don't deal with gynaecological issues. I had a miscarriage in '08 at 10-11 weeks. Haven't used contraception with my partner for the last 1.5 years and haven't fallen pregnant. In June this year I had highest grade pre cancerous cells removed from my cervix via Lletz.
Do you think I have Lupus or am I reading too much into these symptoms?
They have all coincided and I feel like I've gone from being health and happy to being trapped in the body of an old lady. I can't remember what it's like to have energy and not have pain in my body.
What should I do now?
I'm not due home until 19th October but I feel like I can't wait for answers until then but I don't trust my surgery at home to get me a referal or even take me seriously.
I feel so alone so any advice would be so helpful.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.