Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. I decided to get a snake again after 23 years and in the last 3 days of having it and handling it I have been unwell. At first I thought I had food poisoning but had the same thing as my family and no one else was unwell. Severe cramps, nausea, D&V, cold shivers with goosebumps from head to toe, cold through to the bone, fever a few times, very tired, and headache. Then I looked up if snakes can pass diseases to humans...and they carry salmonella. Even though I wash my hand with antibacterial products and use hand sanitiser and sanitise areas. I read on NHS that people with immune disorders should not have repitles, amphibians etc. When my husband took the snake back the owner of the shop said that this is incorrect. Does anyone have any similar situations or know if this is the case. I did not realise that my condition would be so vulnerable to such things.....maybe I am up just being naive,
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.