esa problem

I have been on ESA for 11 months now - basic esa £72 a week.I have not been seen by anyone and when I rang to say I should have been seen in 12 to 15 week of my claim starting the woman just said they had a backlog.I said I should be on the higher level and she said well we might think you are fit for work so not necessarily.They sent me a long form out about my illness and how it effects me - that got sent back over a month ago and still havent heard anything - I am worried as the 12 months will be up soon and then it ends - has this happened to anyone else - has anyone got any good advice as I am my wits end and in debt - I have worked all my like and should actually be retired now - but they moved the goal posts

4 Replies

• Phone back to DWP and ask for a call back from manager .You could also look on the Benefits and Work site as many people experiences are on there as well as a lot of very very good advice.

• thankyou littleeffie I will try this

• Have you been to your local DIAL or Citizens Advice Bureau they are really helpful in this sort of situation. DIAL actually rang the DWP on my behalf.

• thank you margaretgail I appreciate your reply - I will try this if I dont get any help from speaking to a manaer

You may also like...