My problems started when I was 20 with a bad case of scleritis and then it feels like my body doesn't like me flare ups of pain, tiredness, muscle weakness, pre eclampsia, blood clots, hair loss, tendinitis, facial rash, scalp rash, etc but more recently found out my maternal g grandmother died with nephritis and blood clot, 1 member has been diagnosed with lupus and after speaking to her I am more concerned that it maybe lupus how would I go about asking my gp again!

3 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Has your GP done blood tests for lupus before? Have you been referred to a rheumatologist for all the symptoms you've experienced? If not, it would be a good idea to ask your GP about this.

    If you need more information about the diagnosis of lupus I would be happy to send you one of our free info packs. Just send me a private message or email with your name and address.

  • No bloods, but I'm on blood thinners and that wouldn't give a true reading anyway would it? I've talked to my gp but got no where, every time I get a flare up she checks my blood count of thyroid and at one point had to get it checked every month for 3 months because my thyroid was underactive but then it was fine again? And last year my liver function test was adnormal, after a scan they said it was gallstones! (Liver function test done every year due to blood thinners) so unsure how to approach her again thanks Paul

  • I'm afraid I don't know whether the blood thinners could affect the lupus antibody tests as I'm not medically trained. If you're having difficulty getting anywhere with your GP then you need to see another doctor. That could be a referral to a consultant rheumatologist, or starting off by seeing another GP, but until you have somebody that properly investigates the cause of your symptoms you won't get very far.

You may also like...