Lupus Awareness Month starts next week (October 1st). Here are a few simple ways that you can help to raise awareness or funds and help make this awareness month the best one yet!
1. Share our awareness posts on Facebook throughout the month
2. Suggest that friends 'like' the LUPUS UK Facebook page – facebook.com/LUPUSUK
3. Send a tweet about lupus
4. Suggest that friends follow us on Twitter - @LUPUSUK
5. Print/order an awareness poster to put up in your work place or GP surgery - lupusuk.org.uk/latest-news/...
6. Send an email about lupus to friends
7. Ask for a ‘shout out’ for Lupus Awareness Month on the radio
8. Do a 'Go That Extra Mile' sponsored walk with friends/family - lupusuk.org.uk/fundraise-fo...
9. Host a 'Lunch4Lupus' (It could even be a coffee morning or a cheese and wine event) - lupusuk.org.uk/fundraise-fo...
10. Send a text about lupus to friends
11. Ask an employer to do a fancy dress day at work (£1 to dress up, £2 to not dress up)
12. Balloon launch (LUPUS UK balloons are available from National Office if you contact us)
13. Sign up to easyfundraising.com - bit.ly/lNZV6n (We receive funds when you shop online, at no cost to you!)
14. Start using EasySearch - bit.ly/16LNVzm (We receive fund when you use their search engine, at no cost to you!)
15. Do a cake stall
16. Hold a raffle
17. Do a sponsored sleep in (see, there is something for everyone)
18. Donate a page of clothing to raise funds for LUPUS UK - lupusuk.org.uk/fundraise-fo...
19. Let people know about our text to donate service. Simply text LUUK16 plus the amount you’d like to sponsor (£1, £2, £3, £4, £5, £10) to 70070. Eg. Text ‘LUUK16 £2’ to 70070
20.Sell some unwanted items on eBay for LUPUS UK - bit.ly/lYudIs