The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
3,420 members1,940 posts

Great news

So I attended my oncologist to get my CT Scan results immunotherapy appears to be working so I get #4 treatment tomorrow. The lung tumour has shrunk to almost half the size lymph nodes also shrinking so if treatment continues to work I can carry on with it for the next 2 years. Thanks pembrolizumab. I am so so relieved and staying positive. I am aware my cancer can't be cured but as long as this drug can keep it under control and I can have more years with family and friends.

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi …. great news. I was wondering and am so pleased for you. Long may the good news continue for you. Hope the next treatment has the same impact. All the best to you, Mikex

2 likes

Thanks Mike hope you are okay. I've got my fingers toes etc all crossed for 23rd for your results. Prepare for the worst and HOPE for the best. It's a motto I've always used. Let us know what happens. Best wishes x

2 likes

Brilliant news for you. Well done.

Best wishes

Hoggy

2 likes

Brilliant news. So happy for you. :) xx

1 like

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. x

Hi Ollie congratulations sounds like your winning the battle you are a true warrior. They have so many new treatments out that are letting stage 3-4 to live longer. I had stage 3 in lympnodes I truly thought I was going to die. They wanted me to do radiation I turned it down because my body wasn't strong enough. I did six months chemo I am now a six year lung cancer survivor.I'll tell you what I tell everyone on HealthUnlocked lung cancer support. I helped get it UP and running..They all tell me it is my voice and the hope I give them. Don't give up keep fighting. My oncologist calls me his little miracle. If it happened to me it could happen to you. If you need to talk I'm here anytime.Love susiejo1948

2 likes

Thank you so much you are an inspiration to myself and anyone else on this site. 6 year survivor wow fantastic. Long may you have many more. Yes I won't go down without a fight. Thanks for your kind supportive words. x

Happy for you all is going well xx

1 like

Fantastic news 😊😊

1 like

So happy to hear your good news. Goes us all hope.

1 like

Ollie13,

great news, tumor shrunk to almost half ! You will be relived that the appointment went so well.

Kind regards

Roy Castle Helpline

1 like

Brilliant news, sending you big cyber hugs xxx

1 like

Great news. May it continue for a very long time.

1 like

Fantastic news! So happy for you! My 21 Month Scans are coming up on January 24th.... I'm also hopeful for a great scan!

Bren

1 like

Hi Gryphon85

Thank you so much and I wish you well for 24th. Your 21 month scan well that sounds great to get that far almost a year. I pray its the news you want and no doubt deserve. Best wishes for 24th let me know.

Janet x

So pleased for you had 3/12 CT my stage1V NSCLC is static have been on Afatanib since December 2017 planning 5 weeks in France xx

1 like

O Kimidge thats great news to hear and all has been static for you since 2017. You deserve 5 weeks in France enjoy chill and live. xx

1 like

Great news. So many doing well on the new therapies and new ones being developed all the time. will keep everything crossed for you. good luck.

2 likes

You may also like...