Well after the Wheel of Fortune and Radiotherapy Roulette I'm afraid that all bets are off. The results of my CT scan have confirmed what my body has been telling me these past weeks. The tumours have grown and there are also new nodules to my liver, lymph nodes and now both lungs. I'm waiting for an appointment with the lead onco but I already know that I'm not suitable for the nivolulab treatment and all that I will probably be offered is an older chemo of CAV or sometimes called VAC.
At the moment I'm of a mind not to go for this as I don't want to spend what time I have left going through all the side effects again for what may only be a couple of months extra if that. I will discuss this with the lead oncologist who has been very supportive over the past 4 years with both the cancer diagnosis. Although if any one has gone through the CAV chemo I would be interested in their experience.
I would like to thank you all for your good wishes but things are what they are and we must all live life as best we can because notwithstanding our cancer no one knows what is around the corner.
Scottish hugs to all