Moving forward with surgery

Well, it's been awhile since I posted so here is what is going on. I was scheduled to have the SAPL surgery on November 29th but canceled that appointment due to some other health issues at the time. I was dragging my feet getting it rescheduled but have finally rescheduled for February 22 assuming all pre ops go well. I will be honest, I am scared. What scares me the most is the pain after surgery for a couple of months and getting the stockings on and off. my hope for this surgery is that I will be able to wear normal pants with skinny legs and boots again. I also hope the heaviness and pain in my foot and leg will go away. I have a fantastic surgeon but ant type of surgery is scary. so that's it for my status as of now. Wish me luck.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning, good luck with your surgery hope it goes well and you get to wear what you want to wear, keep us posted.

• Bev-1966 I will definately keep everyone posted.

• Hi

I had it done 4 weeks ago and it's not as bad as you think. I was worried too, but I was walking within 3 days of operation. There is minimal puncture wounds and no blood!

I had 2 litres removed from right leg.

It is a bit sore, I won't lie, but you have so many pain killers and antibiotics that you don't really notice.

The first few weeks I was in a Velcro wrap, then I got my custom fit stocking. Now that I found sore as it's so tight (it has to be) but you get used to it.

My leg is still a bit numb, but that's the healing process still.

If you have any further questions, give me a shout.

I had my surgery in Dundee, Scotland by Mr Munnoch.

My stats so far are that my leg is 70% down in volume, he's expecting to get that down further.

Gx

• @Happy 2015 thank you so much for sharing. I have only talked with one other person and that was awhile back. my surgeon is top notch in this field and assures me I will do very well. I hear getting the stockings on is rough for the first month or two. if you have any other tidbits you want to share with me I would appreciate it. if I have questions, I'll be in touch. Thank you so much.

Snaomi

• Happy2015 would you mind emailing me so that I can ask you some questions about your surgery and recovery. My email is 3daughtersranch@gmail.com

Thanks so much.

Sharon

• Happy2015 I also wanted to say that I am happy you are seeing some great results. keep me posted to your results. Good luck.

• Wishing you all the luck in the world, I'd be scared too hun it's not an easy decision x

• Good luck Snaomi it's a big important decision you have made brave lady.

Let us know how it goes as that's how we are all learning together on this forum. Wishing everyone a happy Christmas and guid new year xx

• I am going to keep everyone updated as I proceed. Prayers are always welcomed.

You may also like...