CLINICS CENTRAL LONDON

Any further news on clinics in the Central London area? Why aren't UCH or St Mary's doing something? It is a disgrace when they treat health tourists for nothing. Should I raise a petition of other sufferers. I am 81 and get no health visitor. My GP seems powerless to help me. I have bad hip and lower back arthritis so cannot exercise enough even though I try hard to keep the weight down. The left leg is more swollen and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. My heart is obviously overworked. Nothing is being done.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi warren20 - what form of lymphoedema have you got? Have you received any treatment for it so far - if so, where? Have you had a chat with the LSN via their helpline 020 7351 4480 - nearly always someone there between 10 and 3 on weekdays - they have may a list of contacts in central London.

• Thank you very much for this info.

• I rang the number and received very good advice and information which my GP was obviously unaware of. I can now go ahead and try and get some help for which I am very grateful.

• St George's in Tooting is your best bet. Ask to be referred to Prof Mortimor's team

• Thank you for this info.

• Professor Mortimer is brilliant! I saw him at The Royal Marsden Hospital at his Lymphoedema clinic in Sutton. I see a local Lymphoedema nurse in Brighton as part of NHS funding, following treatment for breast cancer. My GP referred me to Professor Mortimer.

• Under what circumstances do UCH and St. Mary"s treat ' health tourists for nothing?

• It is obvious from the waiting rooms which I have been in several times recently - not about lympho but uterus exams. This is no criticism of St. Mary's - just the Govts who allow health tourism and don't bring in proper laws to control such things.

• The Lymphoedema clinic at the Royal Marsden in South Kensington is pretty good both in terms of practical advice and help.

• On a different note I always thought that Health Tourism was directed towards foreign countries (Austria, Germany, Cuba, US, Italy in the case of Lymohoedema and many Eastern European Countries).

You may also like...