After an age - it must be nearly six months

I am seeing the Nurse on Monday to have a leg review and new Farrow wraps I hope.

stockings but in reality I dobt it will

After so long the edges of the elastic are becoming frayed and the feet part loosing its adhesive qualities, So what a relief to have new ones for Christmas. All I want for for Christmas are new farrows!

My skin underneath is good and I have become very good at putting them on! All you other full time users. will under stand how I feel, One day I hope my back will allow them but that is is wistful thinking. I hope you all have a good day

xgins

Last edited by

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning gins hope all goes well on Monday and that your new Farrows do the biz xx

• good luck for Monday it will be worth it in the end

• Hello there good luck for Monday. I use Farrow wraps on my left foot, ankle and calf. I attend a Lymphodema Clinic, and they start the ball rolling so to speak, but I get the Farrow Wraps on Prescription. As I live in Wales this means there is no cost, but even if there was it would not involve a six moth wait. Is there a reason for your long wait, such as made to measure? Anyway enjoy them, everything is so much better when new.

• Hi Sundance how often do you get your changed would be interested to know as thinking about it your right six months is a long stretch :) xgins

• Gins, do you have the farrow wraps because they are easier to put on than stockings? I have an appointment with the LE nurse next week but I haven't been able to wear my stockings since July because my hands are too sore and weak and I am keen to know what the possible alternatives might be. Thanks, Linda

• Linda I wear them because of my back I have stenossis , damaged discs oh all sorts so the wraps make a real difference no pulling or struggling.

I hope you get some thing helpfull Do you wear rubber gloves and have you a frame to stretch the stockings over this makes a tremendous differance when applying stockings xgins

• I do use rubber gloves but until I see the nurse I can't get a frame which is not great.

You may also like...