Trouble breathing

I have battled anxiety for over 10 years now. I have had numerous symptoms that I never thought anxiety could cause. Over the past few months I have experienced trouble breathing and tightness in my chest. I went to the doctor and had an asthma test done which showed I may have a touch if asthma but the doctor believes its my anxiety. I have never experienced this and it makes me think its something more. Has anyone else experienced this?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's my primary anxiety symptom.

• Thanks for responding. Mine seems to last for hours and days. Ive heard of having trouble breathing during panic attacks, but never lasting this long.

• Yes, I know what you mean. And it's different from panic attack hyperventilation. I hate it!

• I have never had asthma but I get panic attacks. When I have a panic attack my throat closes off and I start wheezing. It sounds and feels like an asthma attack, they feel similar for sure. I get a lot of tightness in my chest as well when this happens...you are not alone. Also I was given a paper bag to breath into by my doctor to help with excessive carbon dioxide release if you start hyperventilating during a panic attack. I've found that helps a lot...take care

• How are you doing by now? Are you feeling any better, Lyn?

• Thank you for asking. It comes and goes. I recently had some tests run and the doctor said everything looks fine. Still feels as if I cant breath good at times. How are you feeling?

• I'm okay, thanks. Same with the breathing . . .

• Hope you feel better soon. Its a horrible feeling.

You may also like...