Living with Anxiety
4,675 members2,951 posts

Internal Shaking or Vibration when Waking

Hi, I have had this issue for over six months, When I wake at around 4 or 5am each morning I feel my body shaking inside. Once I open my eyes and focus it vanishes in 5-10 seconds. I then fall asleep and the next time I wake it does the same. Sometimes this can be 1 minute later and sometimes and hour or two. At its worts it can repeat 10 times before I actually get out of bed. I don't take any medication, don't drink, smoke or have caffeine. My GP suggests that it is adrenaline waking me up as because it stops as soon as I open my eyes. If I wake but keep my eyes closed it continues. I don't have any other symptoms. Before this started I was diagnosed with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and had a couple of weeks with serious vertigo until I used the Epley manoveure. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks around the time it started but would consider myself 95% sorted in that respect. I am yet to read on any forum that it is linked to anything serious but at the same time it seems a common thread is that it affects people with some form of anxiety.

151 Replies
oldestnewest

I have this to the T.

I was told it was anxiety. I was put on Zoloft 100mg :( I still feel it when I wake up. It does make me wonder if it is brain related. The trembling is more in the chest sometimes in my hands but when I asked someone near me if they can see me trembling they said no and that its just your nerves. Do you get night terrors?

Is it cold where you sleep?

I've noticed the last couple of times it was a bit chilly, maybe something we should consider?

1 like

Never had night terrors - Mine happens repeatedly in the early morning. I wake, shake a bit drop back to sleep and wake and shake a bit. There is something going on but I have also discovered that when you have something like this you tend to be come quite hypervigilant and look for symptoms. I sometimes you lay there wondering if I can feel something and then realise its my pulse. With practice you can start to feel your pulse in multiple places simultaneously which then feels like an all over tremor. My guess is that it has its origins in anxiety - and that's something you just have to work at. If it's any help I used a book by Rob Kelly called THRIVE and found it very useful.

3 likes

Hidden: Yes the vibrations when it's chilly, but then there is some overlapping shivering.

Hello & Welcome mike-strachan :-)

Just noticed your reply and wanted to say hello as this post was written 4 years ago , not sure if the members on the post log on anymore but did not want you to think no one would reply so thought I would say a quick Hello and look forward to getting to know you more :-) x

Yeah I get this sometimes but am quite bad with nerves it's horrible feeling

I've been researching this for a while. Both my brother in law and myself have this. He gets it when he's going to sleep. I get it only when I'm waking up. It's interesting to me that it happens to people in a altered state of consciousness. We both suffer from depression and some anxiety. I'm wondering how many other people also have depression or anxiety and if it's related.

2 likes

I seem to have it too- wake up at 4am or 5 and feel vibrations inside entire body and can’t go back to sleep until it stops. I thought it could be related to having to wake up for my twins at 4am feeding for awhile and having that anxiety that I would oversleep. I also have slight anxiety problems in general. It’s horrible though and it dirupts my sleep patterns because then I have to stay up for my toddlers.

I have exactly the same symptoms. But sometimes as I feel the vibrations, I feel another form of shaking at a lower frequency at the same time.

I continue with my morning routine as usual, but I am troubled about what it might be.

Mike I've had a humming in both ears for three months and last two mornings I'm waking up with a vibrating neck, which goes away as soon as I get up.. Doctor thinks the humming is drug related from taking Terbinafine for fungal skin infection.. ( I also take omeprazole and have slightly elevated blood pressure - I'll find out this week if I need to take medication for that... and I'll report back if it changes anything.) I wondered if I could hear my blood pumping too oddly enough, although I have to admit the seed was planted by reading about the humming. If you find a solution let me know... cheers

For me this all started several years ago, but in a different form. I was hearing a sustained two second hum, then a break, then the hum an so on. It only happened in complete silence. I thought - weirdly - that I was listening to my own blood circulation.

Hi Mike,

Wondering if you had explored further your condition? I also suffer from vibrations and humming. Your post was very interesting.

This is not anxiety. It is a natural process that human bodies experience as our consciousness shifts into different states during sleep. You notice the vibrations as you shift back into the waking state and the vibrations come over a bit from your sleep state. The vibrations are increasing for a lot of people right now as our energy increases and expands with a shift that is occurring on Earth and in our solar system right now. Many of us experience this regularly through meditation and spiritual practices but it is increasing in many people now because of energy shifts that are going on on the planet. If you are truly interested in knowing more about this and why it is happening to so many people look up energy shift of Earth.

I completely agree- this is a very POSITIVE thing that is happening and does not have anything to do whatsoever with stress or illness. It is part of ascension; bringing you to a higher vibration. Enjoy this feeling in your body - when you let go of the fear, it becomes a fantastic feeling that will allow for further growth. I have had this on and off now for the last year or so and I actually look forward to it; I even go to bed early just to see if it will happen! :) I internal-tremble the most upon waking (even if in the middle of the night) and now even see geometric patterns and colors. Embrace this, it is truly spiritual.

1 like

WOW!!! I was researching this thread just this morning as I am having the same exact experience.. It’s only been a few months and seems to be happening more and more.. I feel intense internal vibrations all over at the exact moment I wake, and sometimes in the middle of the night which startles me awake.. I never would have thought it was spiritual and actually thought I was having a heart attack the first time I experienced it because it is super intense in my chest area so I was quite alarmed in the beginning, but now when it happens I check my pulse which always remains slow and steady.. I was trying to figure this out by searching the net and found this thread and was quite relieved when I saw Bunvibrations post and started to dig deeper into this energy info.. Makes 100% sense now because I have been on a spiritual journey for a year or so and have recently been certified in Reiki, doing daily meditations and literally reading tons of books on energy healing and personal growth.. I honestly believed I had heart or health issues until I saw this post!! I too have been seeing geometric patterns and colors for months and just thought it was my eyes waking up but they are so vivid and don’t disappear right away..your post really resonated with me and I have such a sense of relief right now so I wanted to say Thank You for sharing your story!! I know I was divinely guided to see this. ❤️

1 like

I agree with this as I have had a number of experiences taking place but always at night. Electrical heat up my spine and into my brain, having been pulled out of sleep about two minutes before it begins. Sometimes this becomes more intense in my brain leading to a strong vibrational experience. Now experienced for about ten years. Occasional tingling in my left ear - now experienced for about two and half years. This started a few months after my daughter died suddenly and tragically end of August 2016. Proctalgia Fugax, or anal panic attacks which started about two years before my daughter died - only ever happens at night (no known cause). Vibrations as described only happening at night, sometimes twice in a night, and sometimes accompanied by low level anxiety. I am 65 years old. Since my daughter died, I have notice increased activity in my consciousness and now am mostly into developing my consciousness and also my knowledge of the world and the universe. I am looking to other sources to help this to happen too - like mushrooms. I don't have fear, I understand that there could be a physical cause of what I experience, but I am very happy with my increased engagement with the world around me on so many level. I don't know whether this helps anyone, but I hope so.

I started this a month ago. I believe it's all linked to adrenal fatigue. I've literally had every test, blood tests, ultrasound of my heart and lymph node, xray of my chest and a CT scan of my brain. Everything is coming back normal! But I have fatigue in the day, it's better at night. I also wake up around 5 am with internal shaking. It's so horrible and I absolutely hate this.

Anyone know of herbs/supplements to combat this? I truly will try anything!

2 likes

Same here. Woke up at 5 this morning with tingling all over and a buzzing feeling inside my whole body. I also felt like my brain isn't connected to my body in the right way, like my limbs are just on one pile without any order in them.

I'm also interested in supplementes or exercises I can do to prevent this, because it is exhausting me.

Please read my post above. These symptoms really are a normal feeling associated with increased consciousness that is happening on Earth right now. It is a normal process, not anxiety and not a medical issue. The best way to learn to understand and cope with it is through meditation and learning about how your energy body and spiritual nature are interacting with your physical body. Please do a search on Earth shift or 5D shift symptoms and you will have better explanations of the process that causes this energetic charge and vibrations in the human body.

I don't really care if something is shifting or not. Since my previous post I've become quite ill due to the exhaustion and I can't function anymore which has led to a financial disaster. I'd prefer the Earth to stay like it is and be able to pay the bills and feel well.

Personally I suspect the huge number of cellphone towers which were placed near my home during the last two years to be the cause of my symptoms. The feeling in my body definitely doesn't feel like something good, more like something evil and destructive. I've been a meditator during the biggest part of my life and know when something is off.

Please shut up about this 5D shift stuff unless you have some scientific, academic, peer reviewed evidence. Evidence is important. This is a medical site and you're giving out unfounded and potentially dangerous advice.

2 likes

I know it’s been a while but I just found this thread today. My chiropractor suggested that I might have adrenal fatigue and prescribed Standard Process supplements specifically designed to help your adrenals. They really spworked! A lot of doctors distribute Standard Process supplements. You should be able to find one on their website.

Hi what supplements are you on please

What a relief to find this forum. Lookonthingsabove - this is my story. I've had this internal shaking for about 5 years now and have seen every doctor and everything comes back normal. It's always around 4 or 5 in the morning so I decided I would just get up and pray and as soon as I would sit up it would go away. It is unnerving but I'm asking God for wisdom and peace.

Just to update on my original post - There was nothing ever found wrong with me and once I started to accept it as just one of those things it disappeared and never returned . I was having a tough time and I think it is just one of hundreds of unexplained symptoms caused by stress. Best advice I can give is don't focus any attention on it, when it happens just relax, its not going to hurt you , just go with it and maybe like me you'll find it just goes.

7 likes

You have no idea how much this post helped me. Thank you so much for coming back to report your progress in this matter...it literally saved me from a nervous breakdown and finally got me on the road to feeling well again 😊

I had this about 4 years ago and was very stressed about what might be medically wrong at the time, I think this probably brought this on and I ended up getting very little sleep for nearly six months. Just yesterday this has returned and I'm once again worried about what might be found at a CT scan,I'm begging to think your brain can hold onto past events and retrigger them, so I now need to reprogram my brain to feeling good again.

Just wanted to add that I get the same thing every once in a while. After sleep I get that “vibrating” feeling as I’m waking but goes away as soon as I’m fully awake/eyes open. It seems to only happen when my anxiety has a spike or if I’ve had a really stressful day. I know this most recent time I kept waking from dreams and it was occurring. Could have a relation from going from deep sleep to waking. I agree that like many things that anxiety does to your body, trying to relax and knowing that nothing is actually wrong is the best way to get past it, even though it may take time.

2 likes

Exactly - dreams. Anybody else notice that it happens while waking from dreams. I started waking at 6 am a few months ago. Than came twitches and fasciculations during day. The sleep disturbance continued and I noticed it would wake me from dreams. I associated it with REM. Then began the internal vibrations less than 1 month ago. They were associated with hypnic jerks. When I would go to sleep, I sometimes felt the vibrations, but mostly whe waking at 5 or 6 am. I think I have BFS or Fibromyalgia. Both related with stress and anxiety. Hypnic jerks come and go. But the tremors are getting more constant maybe. Maybe they are also related with fatigue.

My dreams seem to be more vivid as well. Also I think the lack of sleep and stress begins to create a cycle of fatigue, twitching, more stress and worry etc..”

2 likes

Yes dreams more lucid - not necessarily nightmares but very vivid. I've read somewhere that the depressed brain craves REM sleep. But I don't understand the association with the internal tremors. Any idea how to break the cycle? My neuro told me i should stay away from my work before the PC screen for some days.

Just another related issue - Has anyone here suffered from brain fog, related to the internal tremors and ruined sleep?

Absolutely. Since I have this vibrating feeling I also experience brain fog and also immense fatigue. I feel like I'm 85; I'm not really able to concentrate on anything and am very absent during the day. I constantly loose stuff and am not able anymore to keep things in my mind, like today I had to walk three times up and down to the water meter to fill in the form for the water company.

1 like

I too, am looking for answers as to why I have this constant internal buzzing in my body. Your symptoms sound a lot like B12 deficiency. Have you had your blood checked?

My B12 was recently checked and was fine (about 460 mmol/l). Also: it waxes and wanes, which wouldn't be the case if there was a deficiency. At the moment it's really bad again, after having had a few relaxed days without any symptoms but fatigue. I'm really getting sick from it, I want it to stop and feel well again.

Same! Have you found any relief?

The only thing that helps me is going outside and keep moving.

I have been experiencing the same thing every night for about a month now. If I wake up earlier in the night, say, before 3am it doesn't happen. Later on in the night, it happens every single time I rouse from sleep. I wake up, move a bit in bed, and start shaking. Has gotten less intense in the sense that my head no longer shakes back and forth, rather, it's just mild, frequent muscle contractions in my torso and neck that all fire at the same tempo and my head doesn't shake. Lasts about 10-20 seconds, gradually fades, and comes back with any additional movement until it finally stops no matter how many more times I move ( less than about 30 seconds total). Have been having dizziness and BPPV for which head MRI came back normal. GP felt it was caused by anxiety but I insisted on additional tests to rule out respiratory alkalosis which could be caused by heart or lung issues. Heart is ok, lungs are ok, then I started to get these shakes. Saw a physiatrist and neurologist about it and neither seem concerned. They agree it could be due to anxiety. I was very stressed out about it but now I just accept it...I figure if it's only happening at night and it stays that way then that's not bad compared to the health issues others live with that are truly disabling. I think it must have something to do with sleep/ wake transition when in deeper stages of sleep. It would be nice though to see it go away for good after doing CBT ( just started) cause that will be proof that the cause is anxiety and nothing else.

I have experienced (for the last 6 years.) exactly the symptoms as you have described . Interesting how in tends to occur in later morning and not usually early into going to sleep. With me it also happens more intensely when I wake laying on my side. Usually milder when on my back. I have also rationalised it as you have done and am thankful that I do not have a more disabling issue and that it does not occur all day . I do have chronic back and neck issues and wondered if it related to nerve damage in spine somewhere. But then, why would it be just on waking? It is really frustrating trying to explain the symptoms to Doctors, who mostly just look at me as if I had just told them that the world is being invaded by giant zombie ants from space. Good luck with it and thank you for posting.

LOL! The zombies comment! Somebody ought to publish something about this symptom so that at least one neurologist on the planet will be familiar with it. Well I have to report that I'm still getting them, although much milder, and some nights I don't get them at all. I'm not waking up nearly as often as when I was having more intense shakes so I'm thinking that I was experiencing adrenaline surges which woke me up, and then I felt the shakes (not necessarily that I was waking up randomly and having the shakes). It's nice to know that you've had them for 6 years and seemingly nothing has come of it. Maybe it does have something to do with spinal nerve who knows, cause I do have lower back pain as well. It remains a mystery but thankfully I am no longer stressed about it and I'm glad that neither are you :)

Another “same here” unfortunately. Internal tremoring at night for the past couple months that often wakes me from sleep. Mine is in my upper spine/back, neck and head. Lot’s of muscle twitches too and sometimes a general weak feeling that makes my legs and arms feel kind of shaky, like when coming down stairs or when holding a push up etc. Also when relaxed I can sometimes induce the rhythmic tremor feeling in my head by moving my eyes while concentrating on the eye muscles.. kind of like the muscle contractions can encourage it. Very bizarre! CBC blood test and thyroid check were normal but electrolytes were low/normal and potassium was out of range just below normal. So idk maybe an electrolyte issue? I’ve been healthy and athletic my whole life so this has me pretty freaked out. Hoping and praying this will resolve on it’s own, and for you guys as well.

1 like

Very similar to what I would describe. Initially i took potassium and I think it helped with the twitches - more easily you take it by a lot of salad 6 cups per day. Potassium is 99% inside the cells, so it should be very very low in the cells to show also in the blood. I mean you could have potassium deficiency even if it doesn't show on blood test. But hen again, maybe it is more related with anxiety in a way we don't clearly understand. Because for me it continues even in days when I feel fine and with no anxiety. It's like anxiety is accumulated.

I have had the same problem nearly every morning for the last few months, except it happens when ever I wake up between 4-10am. It also lasts 5-15 mins, in the end my heart beings to race a little more. I hate it, I think it has to be related to anxiety because it's always worse when I have to be somewhere in the morning. I'm a very healthy person, I need to go back on my daily vitamins and drink more water. But I'm active and I'm always trying to stay positive. Recently I started taking CBD oil drops thinking that would help, and it has buy if I don't take it I feel worse. I just want to feel excited to wake up again. I'm sorry to hear you are going through this too.

Hello Rob,

I’m so glad you posted this topic. I’ve had this same exact issue every since I went through an extremely stressful time in my life and a severe gallbladder attack. Every since, my ears ring and I have morning tremors. I’m not sure which triggered the tremors since both were around the same time. I got sick with what I believe was the flu a few months later and was so dizzy I could hardly walk...this went on for weeks. As a result of all, I now have tinnitus and occasional dizziness and tremors. However, the tremors are always there in the morning and mostly in my upper body area. To this day I still don’t know what causes it. I take some comfort in you acknowledging you have the same issue...only because it makes you feel crazy when you tell a doctor and they have no clue what it is. I just try and live with it...no other choice.

Best to you.

2 likes

Mine started after a nervous breakdown, I haven’t heard a good explanation as to why yet. The doctors don’t know and most on the thread don’t either. Just embrace it some say, that’s ridiculous.

1 like

I had a severe nervois breakdown about a month ago and constant anxiety till this day. all the symptoms and twitching started right after it. I started waking up with vibrations and trembling yesterday and it happened this morning too. I'm very concerned.

Do you get twitches in your muscles?

Yes I do

1 like

I’ve been getting those, mainly arms and legs and now I keep worrying that my upper arm and leg muscle feel weak, achey, and heavy. I’m not sure if I’m just causing it from stress and anxiety though?!

I get these too. I feel the same things you mentioned. I was told it was due to severe stress and anxiety. Google BFS

1 like

Will do, thank you.

You may consider upping your magnesium intake. Muscle spasm/ twitching is often a sign of low magnesium levels. There is a product called Natural Calm that is a magnesium supplement that you add to your water. It helps with muscle twitching and has the added benefit of relaxing you a bit. It’s all natural and does not contain medication.

Are you on medication at all.as I get them as well

I have the exact same thing: constant ringing in my left ear and the vibrating feeling when I wake up. I got the vibrations first and about a year later I woke up with my left ear ringing and it hasn't stopped since then. I have no idea what is causing this either but I absolutely HATE it.

Glad to help.. Just accept it or even try and enjoy the sensation. It won't hurt you and I am convinced the less you worry about it the quicker it will go. Keep us posted.

2 likes

Is anyone concerned with PD? Does anyone else here feel some tremors even during the day?

1 like

Yes i am concered with it. I had an MRI and EEG because of my twitching but all came out clear. I don't know how PD is diagnosed but I'm scared

They say that tremors only at night or upon waking have no neurological basis. Probably just anxiety.

It seems like you are a typical case of BFS. Search "aboutbfs.com tremors upon waking".

Hey Guys, im from Germany so excuse my Englisch.. i got exactly the same Problem, ist all Started 2 Months ago. Everybody say its Anxity and Depression But it gets worser. My left Hand is shaky and i Feed the tremor every Night, i even wake up because of it.. did a big DR. Trip, But they say everything is ok.. But i dont feel like it.

im just 28 years old But i realy think its Parkinsons.

I can Even Heat the tremor in my ears when im Laying in the Side Ohr close my ears.

Check aboutbfs.com tremors not only upon waking are common symptoms with Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS). PD had many other symptoms to qualify. Let us know.

PS. Has anyone else here acted out dreams (for example kicking or punching or smiling or laughing when dreaming) and if yes, how frequent is this?

Paddy90,

I have got similar symptoms too. I wake up, I yawn and I am shaking .

I have bean searching internet for hours now, which leads to MS or PD.

My thumb shakes sometimes too, and occasionally my right leg bend too much when walking.

I am really scared :-/

Yeah, my thumbs Shakes too. My left Hand a Bit more. I orderd mucuna now to Test myself. How Old Are you ??

I am 37 years old, what is this Mucuna ?

Its a Natural Dopamin

how are you doing then Paddy_

Are you going to see doctor ?

I am planning to go , but I am very nervous about the outcome .

I hope it’s just anxiety :-/

I GOT SOLUTION...... AND IT WORKED FOR ME......

Waking up shaking with the symptoms you describe is most likely to be caused by one of the following:

Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)

Anxiety and panic attacks

You are waking up from sleep your whole body trembling and shaking, sometimes with a fast heartbeat – hypoglycaemia or anxiety. Which of the two is more likely depends on other factors in your medical history.

1....TAKE 3 PAIRS OF ORANGES 🍊, DRINK THE JUICE AND WAIT FOR 15 MINUTES....

2..... TAKE HALF GLASS OF WATER WITH THREE TABLE SPOON OF GLUCOSE IN IT. WAIT FOR 15 MINUTES....

I NEED YOUR TESTIMONIES....CALL ME +234 708 678 8378

Test this before sleeping? Or after waking?

1 like

The trembling goes away right when I sit up so this wouldn't work unless you mean to take it before going to sleep.

I've read all the replies and feel I should tell you my experience.

I wake with extreme tremors with head and torso, I can't control it

I also have extreme RLS and take Lyrica for it at bedtime.

I also have nocturnal anxiety and I take Ativan for that.

I wake with brain fog and extreme fatigue and massive tremors.

I also have dizziness and blurred vision.

It's a mess.

Doctors do blood tests, see nothing so then ignore my Adrenal Fatigue.

It's killing me

I can't take care of myself and am losing my home

Anyone have suggestions as to what I need to do to get better?

What kind of specialist doctor should I go to?

Thanks!

I have no idea if it will help but I’ve seen and read loads of testimonials by people saying how amazing they feel after drinking fresh celery juice each morning on an empty stomach. May be worth a try?!

2 likes

I'll try anything and everything!

Thank you!

I've tried supplements, spiritually healing, prescriptions, even essential oils.

Nothing works.

But I haven't tried celery juice.

1 like

There’s loads on testimonials on medical mediums page on IG and FB and other pages on IG with benefits of drinking it.

Ugh ! This is my symptoms to a T... I have lupus and nerve damage in my feet. Extreme anxiety and panic attacks. Potentially from the medication I take from lupus (prednisone).

But I had been on them for years. 10+ years and all of a sudden the last year or so, my health is terrifying. I’m only 25, and I spend most of my days fearing my body is shutting down completely.

All of a sudden my vision is drastically getting worse, I have this horrible vertigo that is way worse than what they seem to diagnose me with. I can no longer look at photos on a phone or computer. I’m a real estate agent, and sometimes if I’m sending homes to a client I’ll get nauseous or think I’m falling down, even if I’m sitting.

I now have horrible brain fog. I have to concentrate on what it is I’m thinking or I’ll forget.

When going to sleep, all of a sudden, I spend my entire night dreaming /waking up thinking about whatever it was i last watched or thought about before bed. I have horrible feelings that whatever I’m dreaming is real. Last week I thought I was a surgeon all night after watching greys anatomy before bed? Sounds stupid, but was terrifying. I thought I had surgery in the morning and Felt I didn’t know how to do it? Woke up wondering what it is I actually do?Takes me 5-10 minutes after waking up to realize that it was fake... Terrifying feeling. Then i wake up shaking in my chest and arms. And the last few days now it’s my legs as well. My whole body is shaking and it takes a bit to stop.

I stopped watching tv to avoid this. And now its whatever I was thinking or stressing about. I no longer look forward to sleep because it’s mkre exhausting fighting these confusing thoughts during, then it is being awake.

I’ve tried to just accept all of this. All of my tests come back normal besides my lupus one, but I feel like I’m dying or shutting down all day every day. Which is terrifying at 25 years old. I had been healthy my entire life until I was diagnosed with lupus. Then everything fell apart. It gets worse by the day.

It’s so scary that I stopped telling doctors or anyone, because I feel saying it out loud sounds crazy and like a hypochondriac, even though all of these things actually happen. It’s so overwhelming i don’t even know what doctor to tell or help? I’d think it’s brain related? But when you have lupus, EVERYTHING is always “it’s just the lupus”. With no real answers. 911! Hellppp!

Just curious if you have any issues with your inner ear or ears? I just had a CT scan on my right ear and it revealed Superior Semicircular Canal Dehisecence which is more or less a hole in your ear canal which can cause many of the symptoms you describe. Its a condition which also ties into migraines, with and without headaches.

Dehiscence..my bad

I do know that most of my problems are caused by too low of dopamine in my brain but can't get doctor to believe me or understand.

I also have major adrenal fatigue and there is no cure for that, although I keep trying.

Thanks for replying.

Standard Process supplements have products specifically designed for adrenal fatigue. Check out their website and find a doctor near you that distributes them. They worked for me.

I found an adrenal fatigue supplement that worked miracles for a few months, then just quit working.

This is what happens to me, I am drug resistant and always become immuned to product.

I took double the dosage too.

The supplement is called Stress & Adrenal Support by New Health Vitamins in Clearwater, Florida.

They only sell to businesses, so I get mine from chiropractor clinic.

Make sure the supplement is made by New Health Vitamins because there are a lot of supplements with that name.

You can buy them on eBay.

Here is link to company, they explain a lot about adrenal fatigue.

newhealthvitamins.com/

I'm interested in the low dopamine in the brain. I've dealt with this for a while now. I'm curious as to what led you to feel it was low dopamine? What other symptoms do you have? Usually everything you read says depression and anxiety is from low serotonin but I believe it can come from low dopamine too. There are supplements that increase dopamine.

I've researched thoroughly on internet and studied how the brain works and realized I have low dopamine.

One reason I believe this is because the only thing that lifts my fatigue and other symptoms are dopamine raising meds like Ritalin, Vyvanse, and Adderall.

Also, Parkinson's disease is caused by low dopamine and now I am getting uncontrollable head and torso jerks and wobbling.

I also have major restless leg syndrome, which is caused by low dopamine.

My symptoms are extreme fatigue, brain fog, unbalanced, dizzy, blurred vision sometimes, weakness.

I don't know if all are caused by low dopamine but most are.

I've tried supplements that raise dopamine, suppossedly, but they don't work.

I've tried l+tyrosine, mucuna, etc. Not enough help.

Don't fixate too much on PD or you won't be able to heal the anxiety or adrenal fatigue. What did your neuro(s) say? Did they rule it out? If yes, why don't you trust them?

Thanks Rob9771!

It is interesting how little suggestion is there online for any disease giving mainly night tremors. On benign fasciculation syndrome forums (aboutbfs.com) this seems a common complaint. Search aboutbfs.com + tremors waking up.

Anyone else notices a tremor or vibration in the eye or vision? Especially happens when laying down in the dark.

I have this. I have the internal tremoring as most described above but only at night when trying to go to sleep. I don't have it when I wake just as I'm trying to fall asleep. I also have the tremor in my eyes like suddenly my vision tremors mainly on dark.

Mainly on dark, whan laying down or it gets worse when you are excited? Have you checked that out with a neuro? My neuros say my internal (sometimes also external) shaking, tremor or vibration are anxiety related. Sommatization disorder one of them calls it. It happens also when I am not stressed anyways.

I’ve had twitching in my arm and legs muscles for 2-3 months since hearing some stressful news and more recently I’ve felt a vibrating/buzzing in my right lower leg. The twitches are 24/7, although I don’t notice them when I’m moving and busy.

1 like

I’m the same. I don’t really notice anything when I’m occupied but when I stop and sit down for a bit or when I go to lay down at night is when it gets really bad

Sounds like a magnesium deficiency. Research it and if that’s what it is, try magnesium glycinate (I use Doctor’s Best brand) on an empty stomach. Twitching muscle problem easily solved!!!

Mine is in the dark and laying down both. I haven’t noticed if it does it when I’m excited. I have health anxiety which is another name for somatization disorder some people say.... I have a lot of physical manifestations from my anxiety and the doctor always say it’s anxiety but I always have a little voice in my head saying but what if it is a tumor or something worse.... it’s frustrating

Initially I had the internal tremor when waking. Now I have it more when I am falling asleep.

May I also ask how long have you been having these. For me, it is around three months.

I have been having it for a few months on and off. It started a few months ago for like a week then stopped and then start again a week ago and has been just intense. I haven’t been to a neuro. I have been to my primary care and she thinks it’s all anxiety related.

1 like

That’s what my dr said. Do you get the muscle twitches? Sometimes it feels like fizzy bubbles popping all over and sometimes it’s a definite twitch in one place.

I’m seeing my dr again on the 31st for a follow up as I was so worried when I saw him a couple of weeks back.

Yes. I had a horrible muscle twitch in my cheek for three months! It drove me mad!

It’s so stressful isn’t it!

1 like

Karen did you too notice vision vibration in periphery of your vision?

Not that I’m aware of

I have this and internal shakes day and night. Friends have also noticed an action oriented tremor. Got checked and my b12, folate, coq10, and fats that would come from fish oils all very low.

For me bad sleep and muscle twitches is how it started. It may be bfs.

1 like

Did you check with neuro yet? How are you now?

I haven't been to one. My doctor and therapist say it's all anxiety related. It got better for a week or two and then suddenly this week it came back strong but I have alot of pretty intense family stuff going on so it may be linked to anxiety. I don't get paid for two weeks so I said if by then I'm still having it as bad then I'll go back to the doctor.

Hey! I wanted to follow up to you on your question. I recently got my test results back and I have alot of arthritis that showed up in my cervical spine between C7 and T1, she also diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I started Physical therapy this week. My doctor thinks this will help.

1 like

Let me know if it helps and what kind of physical therapy you are following.

I had my third session yesterday. So far it has seemed to help a bit. They have been doing a lot of manual manipulation along my neck and shoulders. They have also gave me stretching bands to do daily at home where I do two different exercises. So far so good! Still having the shaking some at night especially but it seems to be milder

Did they reccomend swimming? What about vision vibration did your neuros give a diagnosis?

No they did not recommend swimming. I did not go to neurologist. My Dr sent me to Physical therapy to see if it helps. Then I go back to see her after I'm done with PT if it isn't better. She did not seem to think it was neurology

But vision vibrations are not continuing or she said it is nothing to worry? Let me know the effects of the physio-therapy.

What does the vision vibration usually indicate?

No idea.

Yes I’ve been having this too, but mine is not only when waking up. It happens while I’m relaxing or sitting in bed watching tv. Started about a month or so ago. Horrible horrible feeling. Been to my pc and cardiologist and they say it’s anxiety. Been to the ER also because heart rate goes up because of the anxiety. Heart rate and blood pressure have been really high with this. On the visit to the ER, they wanted to bring my blood pressure and heart rate down so gave me a milligram of Ativan in my IV and I noticed about an hour later the vibrations were gone. I am on a beta blocker (have been for about 18 yrs for palpations) and my cardiologist wants to up my dosage to see if that helps. Found a psychiatrist and said the same thing, anxiety. He wants me to start a low dose of Valium every other day for a short time to nip this in the bud.

Don't start valium. It will worsen it and has many side effects among others really destroying the brain. Let it heal by itself.

Time can heal it, as long as you let time heal anxiety.

Have you experienced like a vision vibration in the periphery of your vision?

I have

have it too. I had a bad inner ear infection with vertigo. When I lay down to sleep i wake with chest shaking and eyes shaky. When I sleep upright it doesn't bother me. I have humming ringing in my left ear. I'm crying now because I thought I was healed but it only stopped because I was sleeping on couch for 3 weeks with nothing behind my head, I laid in bed and slept head down same thing came back. ITS BEEN FOUR YEARS SINCE YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION. HOW ARE YOU NOW ROB9771??

Hi Rob- I have the same issue lately. Have had anxiety for years but for the last 3 years it’s been worse. I take up to 2mg daily of lorazepam for about 2 years now. Lately I awake from internal vibrations that are just horrible. I’ve recently been trying herbals like chamomile, Passion flower, 5 htp, lemon balm and gaba. I’ve recently read that herbals affect serotonin levels so these could have possibly been the culprit. I’ve stopped all of them now just to see. My other thought is that my meds aren’t working as well and I’m having inter dosing anxiety. I also just read about EMF- radiation from all our devices. iPhones, computer, baby monitor and Alexa to name a few. All of these including our WiFi routers are emitting radiation causing headaches, body aches in bone and muscle. Memory issues and overall feeling unwell. Look it up . Causes numbing and tingling in arms/hands too. I’m so neurotic about it all thinking I’m dying all the time. I pray you can figure out your issue and get appropriate help. There’s such an upsurge in anxiety today and I have to wonder if it’s all related to all the stimuli we are subjected to on the daily. Our bodies are not designed for all this external “energy”. I’m seriously considering going Amish!! God bless and good luck.

You know that I had that exact same thought last week... could it be from EMF?? They say the new 5G wifi frequency is not good at all healthwise. I'm thinking of turning off my wireless router at night. But then I wonder why I only get the shakes at night. Hmmm...

have it too. I had a bad inner ear infection with vertigo. When I lay down to sleep i wake with chest shaking and eyes shaky. When I sleep upright it doesn't bother me. I have humming ringing in my left ear. I'm crying now because I thought I was healed but it only stopped because I was sleeping on couch for 3 weeks with nothing behind my head, I laid in bed and slept head down same thing came back. ITS BEEN FOUR YEARS SINCE YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION. HOW ARE YOU NOW ROB9771??

According to my neuro. These symptoms are nothing to worry and result of stress or pas traumatic stress. Rob already wrote that nothing was found with him and that these symptoms passed.

1 like

Thank you. I've had tremendous stress 7 to 8 major events since September 2018.

So, you have this for how much time? Did you check with neuro?

I have an appt. For eeg and mri.

Would an sinus infection cause this issue

Doubtful. I've had sinus problems for 40 years and I just began this shaking thing when waking the last two weeks. I hope you feel better though!

I actually moved by the beach when all this happened. I also brought brand new furniture that has an awful smell anyways I was diagnosed in December with sinus I have serious blockage in my nose. I just had a ct of the head done with my ent doctor and he said to continue to take flonase. Before that I went to my eye doctor because my right eye was swollen he said to try claratin pills for 2 weeks, it did help. Also I had drainage from the inner ear thing in Dec. and now I have a cold in February.hmmmm. it's so interesting how peoples symptoms on this thread are kinda the same

Well I took a claritin around 8am yesterday. That night I didn't have the shakes in my head when I woke up! I believe it could be my sinuses or allergies. Its 2 in the morning and my eyes are so dry and itching. Now I will get a skin prick test. Thank you! I need to drink more water as well for sinus drainage. I dont drink enough.

Part of me wants to hear from Rob and another part of me doesn't...

I have the same thing going on right now for the past week.dont know why it is happening wake up ears ringing shaking was diagnosed with sinus infection on antibiotics but seems to keep happening it freaks me out when it happens can't go back to sleep arms hands and chest all vibrate for hours I wake up at different times of night no certain time it happens Dr seems to think the pressure from sinus infection is causing this problem but still makes my mind race anybody else feel this

Rob, search "Internal Shaking or Vibration when Waking". There's a string of over 100 replies. You are not alone! At least one doctor told one of the people who replied what I assumed it was. Adrenaline waking us up. But we're so sensitive I guess we feel it. OR what I have thought over the years is maybe our brain wakes too early...before the adrenaline wakes us up. Maybe a timing issue.

I lay in bed and self talk: "this is just all my little engines waking me up and will soon go away".

Someone on the string of replies to above referenced string said once they open their eyes it goes away. I am going to try that tomorrow.

It sucks but I lay there and wait for it to go away so it doesn't win. I remember a comment my counselor once said to me when I told her I feel every heartbeat like I am the Princess and the Pea. "That's great that your heart is beating. That means you're alive. Your heart is supposed to beat."

Also I have noticed that my tremors look like induced by the heartbeat some times. Have you noticed tremors vibration in the vision? Also happens more when laying and in dark or dim light.

A few times I saw geometric patterns flashing to the same rhythm as the shaking, but this was very early on when I first started getting them. It was freaky. Almost like looking in a kaleidescope...

I get small flash of light sometimes.

I suffer with vestibular migraine and anxiety and these symptoms you’re describing sound exactly like that. Flashing lights are a warning sign of an impending migraine. I also have adrenaline shakes first thing of a morning, usually upon getting out of bed and moving (they last about 2 minutes) but only when I’m about to have a bout of migraine... don’t forget, migraine is a central nervous system illness. I suggest keeping a little diary when you get your shakes and see if you have any of the following

Vertigo

Heightened sensitivity to sound and light

Tinnitus

Heightened sense of smell

Nausea

Pain anywhere around the face neck and head.

And ask yourself, are you sleeping properly? As lack of sleep is a major trigger of migraine.

Hope this helps 👍🏻

Hi. I got a dx. A couple of weeks ago. I have vestibular as well. My neurologist sent me to physical therapy, due to the dizziness, and he diagnosed me. So far I'm doing much better. My physical therapist said it happened when I had that inner ear inf in December 2018, so now my left ear is trying to catch up with my right ear which causes pressure on the nerve to the brain stem and my right eye. I still have to sleep sitting up though not flat. But Pt is helping so far with the dizziness and my right eye going this and that way. Also I had a bad sinus inf. Thank you. Also my mri came back negative. Yes I'm having some lack of sleep as well because I keep eating chocolate and caffeine which is not good for the vestibular. I've learned so much through this thread and you tube. What foods help and what foods dont. When my eyes get sideways I find a point to stare at per Physical therapy. Thank you for replying..I was waiting so I could tell the news :), maybe it can help someone else.

1 like

Hey I thought I'd just add in here my own experience. I have had tremors or physical twitches but I've experienced the sort of buzzing everyone's talking about and literal pulsing in my vision. Usually the pulsing is slightly faster than a normal heartrate and makes my heart beat faster. It gives a feeling of anxiety.

The pulsing is always associated with a sort of I'm age of something growing? I almost want to say usually it's like cartoon people being pumped up like a balloon. Whatever the image is it all makes me anxious enough that I don't want to close my eyes to go back to sleep.

I don't have it all the time but it's been happening for a good half of my life I'd say. I think it follows night when I wake up in the middle of the night with too much to think of to go back to sleep.

Ive been sick with a nasty cold and asthma which raises heart rate as is and I've been experiencing such an intense eye pulse in the mornings that I'm waking up an hour earlier. I definitely feel it's adrenaline fatigue or anxiety.

Have you ever thought it can be related with gradual loss of oxygen in the brain? Maybe narrowing of vessels? Many people complaingbof this also have spondylosis. But it also can be adrenaline, anxiety or fatigue. It happens more when you are stressed, excited or tired. Half of your life? How old are you? What have your neuros told you?

So, since buying a year of calm.com and doing the daily meditations, listening to some of the their masterclasses, reducing my caffeine (from 1 ten ounce cup of coffee, and two 8 oz cups of tea per day) and walking more frequently for an hour several times a week...I haven't had the internal tremors when I awaken in the morning or as I dose off to sleep. I am reducing the caffeine SLOWLY so I don't get a headache. I am down to 4 oz (Keurig has a measuring button) and I will miss it; it tastes so yummy in the morning.

I did take the advise of someone on here who said they learned that if they open their eyes and look around they go away. I do believe it's cortisol or adrenaline or something that is waking our body in the morning and either we wake before we should and feel it or we're pumping out too much. Either way, crossing my fingers since I hate it, I haven't had it in several weeks.

Anyone has noticed episodes of acting out dreams while sleeping? That is doing movements that you are dreaming in real life. Sometimes you can wake up and be conscient of having done such movements, sometime the partner sharing the bed can notice them.

Recently I am creating a new idea. Many of these problems can be created by infections in the head (ear, teeth, gums, sinus etc) or even in the gut. The bacteria builds plaque narrowing or blocking the blood vessels especially around the head and spine. I am starting to suspect that the sleep disturbances and tremors are due to the brain not having enought oxygen when the heart relaxes a bit during sleep due to this narrowing of the blood vessels that furnish the brain with oxygen. The brain gets oxygen hungry and wakes us. Or nerves misfire due to this. Not to speak of the consequent brain inflamation and the viscious cycle with anxiety. So my theory is that there might be a physical beginning (infection/plaques/inflamation) and the subsequent anxiety fueled by the inflamation does the rest.

Thanks Victor, Your thoughts on this are interesting and make sense to me. For a year I had (along with internal shaking on waking in neck/back/legs for 6 years) Tinitus, which was diagnosed as a twitching in the inner ear and i was prescribed valium and Anti-depressant by an ear specialist. These did not help. The GP then suggested perhaps i had a sinus infection and prescribed 2 courses of anti-biotic. On finishing the antibiotics the Tinitus stopped and has not returned. (So relieved) I am also told I have sleep Apnea , which is causes reduced oxygen to the brain and 4 herniated/inflamed discs in lower spine and one in the neck. A GP has told me that this inflammation in the spine eventually works it's way to the brain. ( He also told me If I was a race horse they would shoot me!) so while I did not enjoy hearing his comments , his views on inflammation seem to follow your line of thinking.. The Apnea specialist said the lack of oxygen to the brain can cause anxiety dreams as a means to wake you before your brain, depleted of oxygen, causes damage. This may go some way to explain internal tremors on waking. Good Luck and thanks for your ideas.

2 likes

Yeah, herniated disks, head infections, bad teeth, chronic hyperventilation (sometime caused even by aspirine abuse), any disease or stress that cause brain inflamation, irritable bowel syndrome, many times a combination of the above... the result is narrowing of the vessels and lack of oxygen in the brain. And the brain wakes us up as a defense mechanism. If the theory is true, there must be something we can do:

1) stop eating inflamatory foods like sugar and salt and refined carbs etc.

2) physiotherapy for the herniated discs

3) fight chronic or acute infections in the head or the gut

4) learn how to cope with stress and anxiety

5) daily exercises to learn how to breathe and increase CO2 in the blood which dilates blood vessels

6) not worry about the future and enjoy today - this might be the single most important step to reduce inflamation and brain damage due to cortisol.

God bless you all!

Thanks again for your thoughts, i find that in just sharing this information and the the knowledge that I am not the only person experiencing these peculiar symptoms very helpful and encouraging.

I guess many here suffer also from twitches even during day. What worried me at first were the twitches/fasciculations. I found almost all symptoms in Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS). Nowadays twitches are almost gone completely but this internal shaking and vibration has become prominent in the night when laying to sleep. BFS forum aboutbfs.com is full of testimonies of shaking upon waking or before falling asleep.

Bless you for initiating this discussion. It is so helpful. I have always been a bit of a cynic re social media, as some of it just seems so self centered. But this demonstrated how people can help each other , even though they can be strangers and 10,000 miles away.

The world can be a great place to be when people communicate with compassion.

So, I’ve been going through this as long as I can remember. At least since I was 6. It happens so rarely but I can guarantee I can induce it when I hit a certain level of my sleep cycle and am startled or artificially awakened before my body is ready to wake. Also, if I run myself so exhausted that I’m waiting for my “third wind” so to speak, and almost to the brink of hallucinating. I do have issues with anxiety but I don’t recall having anxiety as a kid. The two states (exhaustion from lack of sleep and being awoken too quickly ) have different frequencies. I started looking into brainwave activity when I was on a relaxation craze. The binaural beats and sound waves that are used for hypnotic purposes seemed to artificially reproduce the sensation in my body and actually raise my anxiety levels. When I listened to pure theta waves without any other sounds accompanying, it felt exactly like the sensations I got. It’s not metaphysical. The brain produces these waves when we hit our third stage of sleep- when we have vivid imagery and are in a hypnotic state. There is an electrical buzz that radiates through the body and a quick pulse that is not in rhythm with the heart beat. Mine appears to replicate the theta pattern when I’m awakened suddenly. It also seems to replicate alpha waves when I’m overly exhausted and forcing myself to stay awake. We normally move in and out of these states without realizing but i believe these sensations may be a normal response to abstructed sleep. My hypothesis. I would love to find research confirming or denying this. Here is a link to a great theta wave sound bite ...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BWYyGMuZSgc perhaps you feel it too? Might cause an anxious feeling for some like it does for me. Meditative for others. Look up alpha waves for general exhaustion, no music though. It disrupts the complete feeling. For what it’s worth, I’ve experienced a temporary tinnitus a few times. Not the same sensation. Definitely localized, prolonged and induced under very different conditions.

If this is correct, since we experience the sound waves differently, either with euphoria or with impending doom, it would explain why some people experience this as an earth shifting life altering experience. Drugs produce altered brain states. Meditation produces altered brain states. Exhaustion and hunger and fear produce altered brain states. People react polarity differently to all of them.

I have been experiencing this for the past couple of months. Happens after i fall asleep for a few hours, then I wake up between 4 and 7 and the internal vibrations start. When I close my eyes its worse. I try to keep my eyes open and wait it out, but sometimes it even happens when my eyes are open. the first time it happened to me, I went to my parents and my mom had to hold me because i felt like I was shaking. she said i would suddenly jolt when the vibrations started, as if im snapping out of it. It happened to me again two nights ago. This time I ended up getting incredibly sick and vomited a lot, maybe due to anxiety. I think this time it triggered a panic attack. When this happens to me, I feel like i have no control over my body. My body might be completely still but I feel like I am moving and vibrating inside, and sometimes it feels like I am falling. Im very scared to go to sleep because I am terrified of this happening because it is such a horrible horrible feeling. I noticed that the two times it has happened to me were after a night where I had smoked from a dab pen, but had gone to bed completely sober, so im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I try to get up and walk around, but the entire time im filled with so much anxiety and am terrified that the vibrations will start again. This is one of the worst feelings ever and I dont want it to keep happening to me. I had a really mentally stressful time this past year and im not sure if that has anything to do with it. finding this thread was extremely comforting, because for a period of time when i would explain it to my friends or family i would feel like im crazy. Ive read some comments about meditation and exercise, and im going to try and give those a try. im sorry you guys have to experience this too, but were in this together!

Hi all,

Just want to say that I have had this shit for a year and a half now and was diagnosed with functional neurological disorder with anxiety. I had 4 or 5 funny turns on the lead up to this always the morning after a night out, then went through a period of poor sleep from moving house. Woke up one morning shaking. Then felt it at work two days later. Lost my shit, muscle twitching exploded all over.

Every day it wakes me up, around 5am. I have tried to identify cause, sometimes it feels like it's triggered by my heartbeat but it seems to originate in my middle-upper back and feels like a soft hunt, then internal vibration travels down my spine and into my legs. This just can happen several times quickly and the more it does, the longer it takes to go away. Getting up resolves it but it makes me feel ill.

Then, when I get to work, I'm ok for an hour or an hour and a half then the inner vibrations begin again. Definitely not helped by stress, that's for sure. I've been through every medical test imaginable, except cardio stuff and that is the next post of call as last 8 weeks after another funny turn, I've noticed intermittent tinnitus, really wild visuals, dizziness, sleep disturbance, horrible heart arrhythmia and scariest of all, an intermittent extreme chest tightness below ribs with dizziness.

I think it's a heart thing in origin. My wife says I seem to hold my breath in bed, maybe combo of apnea, stress due to this crapola and the funny turns from too mucj boozing has hurt my heart

You guys should try to perceive the start of the tremor. See if it is the junt that I feel. It's bizarre, there are momentary pauses in the vibrations, like for a second or two, where it is totally gone, then starts again. It's horrible, as it builds during the day I begin to feel totally fatigued by it kind of like my body is in a constant state of shock. Any tips or advice to get rid of this diabolical nonsense would be much appreciated. I've tried every supplement, hypnosis, meditation, kefir...you name it

Ok. I’m so glad I found this! So, mine started about 2 months ago. A lot of what others have said is same for me. I was diagnosed with Graves in January but couldn’t start meds right away to suppress my thyroid so was started on propanalol (someone else with same is also on this drug?) to minimize the racing heart thing. I keep assuming these waking vibrations/shakes were related to my hyperthyroid but I’ve been on the meds now for 5 weeks and it’s not going away. Adrenal fatigue is worth investigating because that would make sense for my situation of hyperthyroid for extended time period before treatment. And My endo is no help at all! She suspected my heart but Heart function all came back normal which i knew because it’s way too fast to be heartbeat and feel ok. Plus I’m a nurse and used my stethoscope to listen to my heart when it happens. It is worse when I side sleep and it wakes me about 3am-5am every night. The Severity or intensity has somewhat decreased over time but still will wake me up. When it happens I personally find it Helpful to sit straight up, open eyes, take deep breaths and then prop my head/back up. If i fall asleep again too quickly it will keep happening. Sometimes I go to the sofa to prop up higher and relax/pray, then drift off with less issues there after walking around or staying awake little longer. I am trying to book a functional medicine doctor with hopes of an answer. Strangely, I also have had a vertigo bout too (4 years ago that lasted several months with a final Dx of vestibular migraine by a neurotologist). I have had tinnitus since i can remember which is worse in left ear. I also have cervical neck and left shoulder pain issues.

To me it feels like a nerve issue or some way that these nerves are compressed since it happens after laying down for a longer time period but recently i find it can happen with just a 20 min nap!!! Mine are mostly in my chest, neck, and head. It’s Frustrating and I’m over it. I will keep searching for answers until i can get rid of it!!! It’s scary and def not normal.

You may also like...