Looking for specialists in central Fl... - Hughes Syndrome -...

Hughes Syndrome - APS Support

9,801 members9,956 posts

Looking for specialists in central Florida

Piscesdreamer profile image


I have APS. Can anyone recommend a rhuemetologist or hematologist in or near Volusia County in Florida?

I have been using Google, health grades, and reviews and am at a loss.

Thank you!


9 Replies
KellyInTexas profile image

Hoping someone can help with a good referral for you. Are you near Pensacola?

Hi Kelly! I am not near Pensacola.

MaryF profile image
MaryFAdministrator in reply to Piscesdreamer

Hopefully somebody more local will see your posts. MaryF sorry for short reply, only one hand.

Piscesdreamer profile image
Piscesdreamer in reply to MaryF

I saw a new rhuemetologist 2 weeks ago. She didn't hesitate to tell me that she knew very little about APS. I was able to dictate some blood work to her that I wanted to get done. So not a complete waste of time or money!

You're near Daytona, right? This place in Titusville says they work with complex rheumatic conditions. I'm in WI, so unfortunately I don't know more.


If they can't help you, maybe you can call 2-1-1. If you're unfamiliar with that, that's a free national helpline in the US to provide you with resources in your area. It's run by United Way, and maybe then can give you a list.

Piscesdreamer profile image
Piscesdreamer in reply to Klutzy

Thank you for this information!The website was great, then I decided to search patient reviews.

I went to Healthgrades and checked out Dr Salach, he has many bad reviews that are pretty detailed.

I wish people would post who they ultimately saw after seeing a bad doctor. Wouldn't that be helpful? Lol

I am going to check out your 2-1-1 suggestion

Thank you again, you never know!!


Klutzy profile image
Klutzy in reply to Piscesdreamer

Yes that would be helpful if people posted that. But reviews are also subjective. However, if a specialist has too many negative reviews, yep that's a bad sign.

You could also contact the APS of America Foundation and maybe they have a list of specialists in each state. Good luck finding one.


Piscesdreamer profile image
Piscesdreamer in reply to Klutzy

Yes, I went to the APSFA and wrote down the specialists listed for Florida. The doctor closest to me has moved out of state. ☹

Klutzy profile image
Klutzy in reply to Piscesdreamer

That’s frustrating for you!

You may also like...