Routine bloods back

I'm a bit disappointed as my bloods are back and thyroid is 1.46 so T3 and T4 will not be done. Shame.

My ferritin is still 5 and haemoglobin 11.5. I actually feel as though it's lower so looks like the overall condition is causing my problems.

I am doing a steroid trial this month, I have an 8 day tapered trial. Let's hope it help my new migraines and joint pain, fatigue etc

6 Replies

• Hi Jade

Thanks for updating us.

Who manages your APS?

Best wishes.

Dave x

• Well I see Professor Hughes, it was his idea to try a steroid trial for my new symptoms, which may be age, lupus or sjogrens related.

I started to see him again last year at London Bridge after managing alone for 7 years as my warfarin clinic refused to monitor me. My GPs were happy to leave me to manage.

• Jade that seems harsh to leave you to manage on your own. Can I ask what T3 / T4 tests are? I had my thyroid blood results back yesterday and it was 1.26. I was told that was well within range? The nurse didn't have time to go through it so I was going to make a telephone appointment with GP.

• Does anyone have wrist pain?

• Lissylou I don't know a lot but I understand T3 and T4 can tell us more about how much thyroxine is circulating in our bodies as opposed to TSH which is a hormone doing the work of stimulating thyroid production. If the TSH is a number above 3.0 or 5.0 depending on which study you read then it shows your body is basically working hard to produce more thyroxine.

I have been tested regularly for about 20 years as I have the symptoms but to no avail.

As for being left alone my hospital clinic refused to see me if I used the machine I bought on Orofessor Hughes advice, so me an my GP decided I could manage

Now with all the threats of warfarin removal from us I am happy to stay in the shadows.

• Oh I see, sorry I mis-read yoir post thinking that you were totally on your own with no support.

You may also like...