Healthy eating with Acid Reflux and IBS. - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

51,292 members9,328 posts

Healthy eating with Acid Reflux and IBS.

tinaghosh07 profile image
tinaghosh07

What should i eat and not eat if i have acid reflux and IBS. Recently i have been having this nausea vomiting kind of feeling too. I am not sure about which food will trigger my internal organs. Need help!

Any suggestions?

5 Replies
Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Hello tinaghosh07 here’s a link about with foods that may help GERD:healthline.com/health/gerd/...

I don’t suffer with it myself so can’t help further so good luck and welcome to HE I hope that you enjoy being a member of our friendly community.

Jerry. 🌈😊

tinaghosh07 profile image
tinaghosh07 in reply to Jerry

Thank you 😃

gasp1 profile image
gasp1 in reply to Jerry

Morning. A lot of it is going to be trial and error what effect some does not effect others. I have gerd and have found that a plain simple diet works best for me. I tend first thing in the morning before I have anything is to eat a small banana I find that this puts a lining on my stomach and helps reduce the acid.Breakfast I normal have overnight oats made with skyr and frozen fruit something like mango or black cherries with half tea spoon of honey and also a teaspoon of chia seeds

Lunch I would have a sandwich made with sourdough bread I find that this is better for me than shop bought normal bread

And for tea I would have a normal meal with veg or salad etc but would avoid onions garlic basil and coriander which appear to be my triggers.

I have also found eating smaller portions seem to be better as is easier for stomach to break down rather than eating to much.

If I get hungry in between I’ll snack on fruit water melon etc which again works for me.

A lot of it is finding out what food triggers it for you and avoiding them.

Penel profile image
PenelModerator

Hi tinaghosh

I have IBS and have found that the Low Fodmaps diet has been very helpful in controlling the symptoms. Perhaps you could ask your doctor about this?

healthline.com/nutrition/lo...

Tomatoes, and tomato products, butter..They cause such acid for me it burns my oesophagus

And anything chocolate in the evenings sadly wakes me up with acid in mouth, feels like I going to choke.

Omeprole ,alleviates it slightly but I’ve had this from teens, to now 73, so think I’m stuck with it.

You may also like...