Gluten free mince and apple crumble 🍏 - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
42,100 members β€’ 7,691 posts

Gluten free mince and apple crumble 🍏

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
β€’14 Replies

Hi everyone,

I do occasionally buy gluten free mince pies but prefer to make a large crumble like this with 4 Bramley apples and a 454g jar of mince meat, the crust is plain gf flour ground almonds organic butter and a little brown sugar.

You get a lot more fruit and these are easy to make so a great gluten free alternative to mince pies. I like easy and healthy...😊

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Looks delicious Jerry 😊

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Veeee

Hey thanks Veeee 😊

Hi Jerry

That's a great idea - your Crumble with Bramley apples and mince meat - really looks scrumptious!

Zest :-)

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Zest

Thanks Zest its easier than making gluten free pastry which tends to be a bit brittle and a poor substitute. 😊

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

Sounds delicious Jerry, such a nice idea

I hope you enjoyed it πŸ˜€

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Thanks Debs I have enjoyed some πŸ˜€

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub

Looks really lovely Jerry and a lot healthier not encased in pastry. Whats not to like.πŸ˜‹

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to crazyfitness

Hey thanks Alicia and gluten free pastry can be a bit like cardboard so I prefer this. πŸ˜€

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub
in reply to Jerry

Much better than pastry. Even when I had pastry I always preferred crumble.πŸ˜€

Do you have it hot with custard Jerry? And does anyone know the best plant milk to use to make custard?.. almond milk custard was not good. Your GF crumble looks wholesome and moorish.

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to zube-UK

Hi zube-UK thank you and I do have custard with it and sometimes hot sometimes from the fridge and I like Alpro Soy custard the best, they use GMO free organic soy. I buy their cartons of ready made custard.

Jerry 😊

zube-UK
zube-UK
in reply to Jerry

Thanks, I will look out for that one, sounds a nice easy option.

You’ve made me drool again Jerry!🀀

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Bong1968

Hey thanks Bong1968 thats appreciated. 😊

You may also like...