Healthy Eating
29,469 members • 3,806 posts

Gluten free savoury vegetable crumble 🍅

Gluten free savoury vegetable crumble 🍅

Good evening folks, here's what I had for tea tonight and its a savoury crumble made with just gluten free flour and butter (with spices) the veg are tomatoes sweet peppers cavolo Nero strips, sugar snaps and chick peas and I had garden peas and a baked potato with it. I've been out in the cold a lot today and wanted something warming and filling.

I also want to show how easy some meals can be as this is just half fat to flour on top of veg so there's many variations.

If any one would like to share what they've been eating/baking then please do as I'm looking for inspiration for my pledge with Zest to make a vegetarian meal I've never made before 🙃

18 Replies
oldest • newest

Looks really great, Jerry! The picture is great, too.😀

2 likes

Hey thanks 😊

Hi Jerry,

Mmmm, this looks really delicious and yummy. I bet it tasted good.

I've just posted my menu for today - I've had some 'extras' today - which is quite usual for me on a Friday. My evening meal was chicken with corn on the cob, string green beans, brocolli and new potatoes - but then the naughty but nice dessert was a strawberry tart with ice-cream and flaked almonds.

Wishing you an excellent evening.

Zest :-)

p.s. Hope you find a lovely Vegetarian recipe that you've never tried before, to fulfill your pledge - I am looking forward to seeing it. I feel sure it will be really good. :-)

3 likes

Thanks Zest, yours sounds lovely too and I also made a sweet crumble with sweet mince meat and bramley apple and I had some of that and with cream 😊😊😊

Now the pledge I have seen a recipe and am going to have a pop at that and if it all fails there's always the return of the pink grapefruit...

You have a lovely evening too and I'll check your days menu out,

Jerry 😊

3 likes

Everything is going to be great!😀

1 like

Yummy, with potatoes AND peas, please!

There I was thinking my beetroot salad was tasty...

;)

1 like

Thanks Mel, I bet your salad was really good.

Jerry 😊

Nice, but certainly not as hearty! 😀

1 like

That looks amazing Jerry, very well done : >

1 like

Thank you K-w 😊

thats probley the nicest baked potato i've seen in a very long time and is now going to be part of sundays roast chicken meal...

am still working on ideas for a vegetarian meal.. 😊

2 likes

Hi March and thank you, I love baked potatoes, now vegetarian meals can be wholesome and very tasty 😊

Hi L-t and thank you, I've seen your doggie loaves and think he a very lucky dog 🐕 and eats better than a lot of people...

Jerry 😊

1 like

That looks soo good!!! I might try a vegetable crumble too! Thank you for the inspiration x

1 like

Thank you Amy, it’s easy to make as well,

Jerry 😊

Looks really yummy Jerry and you do have some really good ideas for food.

Alicia :)

1 like

Thanks Alicia, I think sometimes the simplest things are the best,

Jerry 😊

Totally agree Jerry :)

Alicia

1 like

You may also like...