The best artificial sweeteners for people w... - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating
41,215 members β€’ 7,435 posts

The best artificial sweeteners for people with diabetes πŸ’š

Jerry
JerryAdministrator
β€’10 Replies

Hi everyone,

After Matt's poll on artificial sugars I thought that it would be useful to put a different spin with a guide of the 'best' artificial sweetener for those with diabetes.

I avoid artificial sugars but am still interested and was interested in what Tibblington said about Neotame and thats listed here, it is 7 to 13000 times sweeter than white sugar! 🀒

I just think that this is interesting and very important to some with diabetes.

medicalnewstoday.com/articl...

The photo is of the sunrise over the forest this morning. 😊

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Zest
ZestVolunteer

Hi Jerry

Thanks for this information, and I'm admiring that beautiful pink sky.

Zest :-)

1 like
Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, the sky is grey now...😊

1 like
crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub

Hi Jerry

Thank you for this very useful information. I have had a good look and see that there are a fair few fruits that are also good for sweetening. I tend to use dates as I do love the texture and flavour of them. I have to say though I don't eat much sweet food at all, only the raw fruit bars I make and also buy (Aldi sell some really nice raw fruit bars that just have dates and nuts in them).

I tend to eat quite a lot of vegetables. :)

Alicia :)

2 likes
Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia, dates are great as a sweetener, I bought some date syrup and its really nice with a caramel flavour, it's easy to make and I'm going to have a go so here's the recipe, as I know you really like home made food:

thekitchn.com/how-to-make-d...

I eat lots of vegetables too but I also really like fruit that is sharp. 😊

1 like
crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub
in reply to Jerry

They certainly are Jerry. Yes I've used date syrup before but haven't used it in a very long time.

Thank you for the recipe link, I'll have to give that a go and you are right, I love homemade food.

The only fruit I tend to eat is bananas and I have them either on top of my breakfast or on their own in place of a bowl of breakfast. I used to eat a lot of grapes but since I've stopped eating them my tummy seems to have been better so I think it was the fructose in them. I'm not too keen on sharp fruit but have to say it's quite a long time since I had any so maybe my taste has changed.

Alicia :)

1 like
Jerry
JerryAdministrator
in reply to crazyfitness

Hi Alicia, I love raspberries and rhubarb and may be if you ate small amounts at a time you might find them more digestible as fruit is high in fibre as well.

I really like banana sliced with raspberries and think they really compliment each other. I also eats lots of dried fruit and raisins and sultana's which are a very good source of iron.

I hope that you get on with your gut biome and maybe more foods will be OK.

Jerry. πŸ˜€

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessTidyClub
in reply to Jerry

Ooh I love rhubarb and have some in the freezer, I'll have to think of something healthy to make.

I think I may be ok with small amounts but definitely won't be buying a melon again as I'm the only one that eats fruit.

Yes I'm looking forward to learning more about my gut, I find out this Friday.πŸ˜€

1 like
Want2BHappy3

I read on Web MD that Stevia was the best to use. So I bought Stevia and threw out the other sugar subitute

1 like
Franlee

Very interesting, thankyou. Puts all the scare stories into perspective.

1 like
Fatbuddy

Usually - I eat STEVIA-- natural --

anything NEW -- have to wait for 5 to 10 years --to find out real use and problems

1 like

You may also like...