When I eat grains (including rice), cooked starchy foods (potatoes), or sugary foods something similar to fog rolls over my brain. The fog includes:
* I can't think problem solve at all; I'm an engineer and I problem solve all day but when I eat those foods simple, simple problems overwhelm me.
* I get really grumpy towards others. I notice this most with my kids. I love my kiddos but when I am heavy in a head fog I am super short tempered to them to the point of being a jerk.
* I am very pessimistic and unmotivated while it is hanging around. Small things become insurmountable and I tend to dump time into YouTube or silly little web/phone games; I think to escape from dealing with all the imagined problems.
* It really affects my ability to fall asleep. This is exacerbated by the whole watching YouTube thing but even if I manage to not stare at a screen I still can't fall asleep. Eating the food makes me sleepy and down but yet prevents me from falling asleep.
* It is a clear feeling, I know when it has rolled in, I know when it has left. I do not like it!
Any suggestions on what it is or ways to get rid of it? Eating unprocessed cooked meat and vegetables seems like the best thing to keep it at bay. Thanks!