Sprouting non-organic seeds safely?

Hi all,

So I live in a state where there is a quarantine on seeds/grains being imported, so buying organic broccoli/radish seeds is literally impossible. There is one store that sells them but they are so expensive I will not even go there. So there are a couple stores that sell non-organic versions at a fair price. I'm wondering how can I limit the risks associated with eating non-organic sprouts?

Cheers

Skip

Featured Content

Get tips and advice on eating healthy

Develop healthier eating habits & get more active. Our community helps to keep you on track.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Backtobasics95,

You might find this article helpful, as it discusses seeds and looks quite interesting:

gardenmyths.com/organic-see...

See what you think, and please bear in mind that I am not a gardener - I haven't sprouted any seeds, so don't have any experience of doing so, but I thought the article looked interesting. :-)

Zest :-)

• Thank you zest :)

• What are the risks of eating non organic seeds ? Can't you just grow them organically ?

• How the hell do you grow seeds?

• Grow the plants and they will eventually set seed but life is too short,

what are the risks associated with eating non-organic sprouts? I usually buy mixed bags and grow them in the stacking sprout trays, I do like broccoli and chick peas sprouts 👍

You may also like...