Sprouting non-organic seeds safely?

Hi all,

So I live in a state where there is a quarantine on seeds/grains being imported, so buying organic broccoli/radish seeds is literally impossible. There is one store that sells them but they are so expensive I will not even go there. So there are a couple stores that sell non-organic versions at a fair price. I'm wondering how can I limit the risks associated with eating non-organic sprouts?

Cheers

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Backtobasics95,

You might find this article helpful, as it discusses seeds and looks quite interesting:

gardenmyths.com/organic-see...

See what you think, and please bear in mind that I am not a gardener - I haven't sprouted any seeds, so don't have any experience of doing so, but I thought the article looked interesting. :-)

Zest :-)

• Thank you zest :)

• What are the risks of eating non organic seeds ? Can't you just grow them organically ?

• How the hell do you grow seeds?

• Grow the plants and they will eventually set seed but life is too short,

what are the risks associated with eating non-organic sprouts? I usually buy mixed bags and grow them in the stacking sprout trays, I do like broccoli and chick peas sprouts 👍

You may also like...