Struggling

I struggle to maintain a suitable diet. I lose a couple of pounds and then put them back on. I think the main thing is because I am trying to lose a few pounds on my own so I have joined this site as I have read some of the posts and found them encouraging. I do like eating healthily as I always feel better, I get more 'get up and go' and feel happier. It is mainly later on in the evenings I tend to start snacking, and really I know I shouldn't, so I am going to have more resolve and break the habit!

Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's much easier to tell yourself what you will have rather than what you shouldn't. phcuk.org/wp-content/upload...

• Hi I am a sugar fiend myself! One thing that has helped me to break a habit is my life style choices. I use to watch tv all the time and then I would mindlessly snack at the same time. I have always thought watching too much tv cannot be good for you so I made the change to cut back, I use the evening differently filled with talking to friends and family, studying, planning meals and finances. Reading is good for the mind and maybe meditating, although that is something I haven't tried! I now don't snack like I use to or wish for those things in the evening. Good luck to you. p.s I do watch a little tv still!

• Well done. That is exactly what I want to do, break the habit. I like reading so I have picked a book to read. I do go on the internet and read lots of articles as well. Stocked up on fruit. First day today, so good so far. I feel positive. Thanks.

• Yes I have loads of lovely red apples off a tree in an orchard, nobody picks them and they are so sweet. I do like this site as everybody is so nice and positive and encouraging! it is great. Thanks

• and keep that water handy !

• try to plan ahead , slice up cucumber , zucchini, and just a few 8 pretzels

hope that helps

• I agree with you, I have some slices of cucumber, celery and carrot with natural low fat yoghurt and a level teaspoon of mint sauce, it is really refreshing and filling and low in calories.

• yes indeed , this snacking happens in the eve and I have tried evertthing... so I now get apple , cucumbers, pickles , red pepper ready ... with choices!

it is a tough habit , to break, but choose healthy stuff

• I lost 69 lbs on Weight Watchers in last 3 years I've put on 28lbs .

I have lost my way ,lose 7/10 lbs then put on again

Started again to try lose bit before Christmas

You may also like...