Headway
5,739 members8,106 posts

Hot Weather!

Hello all.

Is anybody else affected by the heat after brain injury?

I can’t handle the heat/sun for more than 20-30 minuets since my haemorrhage😔 it’s too much, I start feeling light headed/dizzy.

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Sorry Wazza it suits me far better than the cold windy weather, im in my element.

Janet x

2 likes

Hope you enjoy it 😁

This week's set to be blistering hot. I can't handle the heat either, especially if its humid. It just makes me feel heavy and sleepy. I still take the dog out early in the mornings before the heat sets in, but otherwise stay indoors and keep rested and cool. I think my hypothalamus (temperature regulator) may have been damaged in the bleed. I'm no good in either extremes of weather now.

2 likes

Think I’ll stay indoors with glasses of ice 🙇🏻‍♂️

Yes. I'm like swedishblue and really struggle in extreme heat because my temperature controls simply don't work since the bleed. I have to alternate jobs at home with sitting under a pedestal fan, and I can't sleep without the fan full on me all night.

I always loved the hot weather pre-BI but now I picture myself out shopping (with no means of cooling down)...............................................disappearing into a puddle on the high street 😨. x

2 likes

I used to enjoy the hot weather but these days it’s a different story 🙇🏻‍♂️

hot or cold, cannot deal with either. Doctors just smile at me when I say my temperature control no longer works.

3 likes

I know that one 🙇🏻‍♂️

I would MUCH rather it was snowing than this horrible oppressive heat. It's the humidity that gets me, especially when I have to walk a marathon this coming Sunday...

2 likes

Good luck on your marathon & keep cool & drink plenty of water 😁

Thanks! I'll do my best :)

1 like

Get lots of the instant ice packs for use on the way. The ones you twist to activate.

The heat makes my muscles work a lot better. I walk a lot easier I’m warm weather. Cold weather wind and rain is bad for my balance. Do physically the sun is a lot better for me.

2 likes

It more of a head/brain thing that affects me.. but muscles do work better in warm weather 😁

Hi there,

I can't win either way. I don't handle heat well as my temp control is way out once I get hot it takes ages to cool down.

On the other hand the heat is great for me physically helping my muscles relax.

Must admit the sun is nice I just live with a fan at the side of me ( yes at last I have a fan )

Pax

3 likes

I used to enjoy the sun before my brain haemorrhage but now it’s just too much 🙇🏻‍♂️ but I like to see others enjoying it 😁

2 likes

Me too - I’ve had a couple of instances where I couldn’t cool down and got in a panic. Knowing what’s caused it I now take precautions. Shame as I alwars loved the sunshine before tbi

2 likes

I used to enjoy the sun but now I much prefer cooler weather 🙇🏻‍♂️

1 like

Hi yes I do especially since I have hot skin anyway my TBI sent my tempure gauge in my brain off as I got to hot then they cooled me down but it dropped drastically and I developed phumonia and both my lungs collapsed in the coma so I have asthma so I can't cope with this heat and I don't feel the cold in the winter

Is your temp gauge a permanent thing? A few people have said the same 🤔 maybe I have the same problem as a few people with TBI have have spoke of it. I feel the heat but not so much the cold.

You may also like...