Just an update

An update on the painting situation.

YEAHHHHHHH ITS DONE.....I think !!!!

Just got to nip to mums to find out if I have missed any. Although if I see anymore white gloss I will scream.

Have been getting funny looks from my wife ( no not those type ..tut tut tut) and samples of wall paper seem to have appeared.

So what did I achieve....one staircase and landing emulsioned..check. Six doors and frames and skirting glossed ...check. Me absolutely done in and aching and headaches .........BIG CHECK.

Would I do it again mmmmmmm...it was for my mum of course I would.

Oh by the way if anybody local to me wants any decorating done dont heditate to contact me..............I will provide you with a list of decoraters phone numbers !!!!

All fo now..... now wheres that number for that health spa ????

7 Replies

• Well done you put me to shame xx Janet

• Hi Janet.

I may have not mentioned it would have previously taken twodays tops......it has taken me all week.

But yes I am proud I have done it. Although I am expecting it to take me a long time to recover..but hey the one thing I have got is time.

I have adopted a new motto. PREPARE TO FAIL . May sound defeatist but either way I end ip succeeding.

Give things a go...it may take you a lot lot longer and may need adapting but the buzz is worth it.

Needeing a lay down now Pax

• I got quite excited when I saw the bit that looked like an offer, especially as my request to your last post was rejected ;-) , then I read the second part a realised my hopes had been completely dashed ;-(

Is mum paying for the health spa? Tell her it's cheaper than a decorator ;-)

As for the wall paper I can give you the web addresses of some great people who can show you how you... can make world class paper airoplanes and boats from it ;-)

Splendid acheivement just sad you turned down my earlier request.

• yay! looks like i will have to paint my own livng room lol,enjoy the health spa

• hi Paxo

really well done. Just one question though...how did the painting chair cope with the stairs?

The pride of a big job completed and its warm glow does help ease the aches.

Enjoy the well earned rest.

• Thought I'd give the chair a miss on stairs, just sat down and used extension on roller.

I can usually fall down stairs without the aid of the chair so it was not a great idea.

Ready now for a long rest......may even have a trip to the coast and lay on the beach and chill ...or maybe that should be freeze.

• Wow ! I am impressed : )

I have been on annual leave from my evening job this week and had many great plans - most of which have not yet come to fruition !

I have almost completed one though ! Have pulled out bedroom cupboard, cleaned walls/floor, replaced broken old airvent with shiny new one ( shame you won't see it under there - it is so shiny ! ) Scrubbed piece of contiboard that goes beneath cupboard to spread the weight ( floors are naff in old Park Home - glorified shed really ) Scrubbed piece of lino that protects top of cupboard.

Need to ducktape raw edges of board ( never did this originally, can't remember why )and replace. Clean top, back ,sides of cupboard, repolish top and varnish back, prob 3 coats, as white stuff had formed at base due to moisture. So only halfway really !

You are quite right, jobs that would normally take a day at most now end up drizzling over a few, in fits and starts !

Feel rather like someone has ripped my arms off and beaten me with them but I have a semi result !

Long may we potter about and smile through the pain in the knowledge of ' all our own work' : ) x

You may also like...