Non-expensive help for a fungal nail infection?

Hi all, hope your Monday isn't going too awful lol...

I'm needing some help with a fungal nail infection I have in the toes in my right foot.

I have been using Excilor -which is a diddy 3,3 ml(!) bottle and have been using it as instructed every day. It seemed to have been making some sort of difference to the infection because I had a hard toenail that had curled over a bit before, and after using the Excilor for a few weeks it was able to be clipped off.

The problem is, I tipped the remaining solution by accident and now I've got none left!

The Excilor cost me £17 from Superdrug and I really can't afford to keep buying it at the moment due to financial/work issues... I need a good, proven remedy which also won't break the bank!

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate some good advice

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Could you try tea tree oil mixed with a little olive oil? Coconut oil is also good for fighting fungal infections. Massage it in and around the whole area. Jason do a good tea tree oil - I think it's called Nail Saver for fungal infections. It definitely helps.

• Yeah I've looked up about that. I'm not 100% sure what to use as I'm abit concerned that if I don't have a product that I know is definitely/very likely to get rid of it I'm gonna be stuck with it lol!

• Fungal infection of the nail is something your doctor can advise you on and presumably give you a treatment on prescription, however they can be difficult to treat and you seem to have found something that works so I think you should stick with it. Get another bottle. Sorry!

You may also like...