Vitamin d3

I had abpa for six years. I was diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida. For six years I had every symptom - brown flecked sputum plugs , wheezing etc. I survived on Prednisone. My brother who is a gastroenterologist recommended I begin taking calcium. He said to take slow release citracal with vitamin d3. I began taking one tablet - 600 mg of calcium and 500 mg of vitamin D3. After six months, one day while I was on a cruise, I coughed up a bronchial tree. It has now been 9 months and I do not have a single symptom. I have no idea if it wil work the same for others but it worked for me. I thank God.

7 Replies

• Interesting - That's awesome that your symptoms are gone. I'm being seen at Mayo Clinic. Been once and going back next week. Been on voriconizole for 1 month, but the bacteria won't go away either. Looking at either picc line or nebulized tobrimyacin. I will definitely ask her about taking Calcium and Vitamin D. I do take some kind of Calcium Chewable - not sure what brand it is.

Thanks for the info!

• Hi John !

So pleased you've been feeling a WHOLE lot better for some 9 months . . . . FANTASTIC.

Just a couple of quick points, if you could help please:

1) you don't mean 500mg of vit D3 daily, do you ( - that would be toxic !). 25MICROgrams (mcg), being 1000IU would be one fairly high-strength dose. So 20 of these, would be 500mcg or 20,000IU daily . . . . is that what you mean ?

2) I have no idea about abpa . . . . . but would be interested in a description of the "bronchial tree" you coughed-up . . . . . size, colour, time of day ( - only to get a better idea of what actually happened !).

Take care !

• This is really interesting.

• Thanks (Mr/Ms?) Freefaller ( - are you, or did you used to be into adrenaline-boosting sports, I'm wondering ?). Just AMAZING what those people DO and LOVE doing . . . . . . all becoz their biology kicks in with a thrill by such. Of course I may have it all wrong, linking that with your username !

I'm assuming you refer to the MAGNITUDE of the UNIT ( - mg versus mcg) ? ? ? A difference of "merely" a THOUSAND fold, which would be BAD enough for say water SOLUBLE vitamin C ( - equivalent to taking 60 GRAMS instead of 60mg . . . . . . likely to cause "dire rear" in ?100% of the population ! ! !). Or confusing a 4mm grain of rice to be 4 METERS LONG . . . about as long as/or longer than an estate car (US: station wagon) !

Bye now ! ;o))x

• I am Miss. divorced but living with new partner for last 20+ years. Yes we both did parachuting. My partner was a parachute jumping instructor for 30 years in the Royal Air Force.

• Thanks - sounds like a thrilling hobby for those who can handle it.

• That's wonderful! I'll try it, it sure would be nice!

You may also like...