Help!

I have had the worst week I've ever had since I've had Fibro!

I think I've slept about 7 hours (if that) since last Friday and I feel so run down, plus my pain has rocketed right down down my spine and feel like my shoulder has been ripped off :(

I've recently started Gabapentin but was told that it takes 4-6 weeks to start working (hopefully), I also take Dihydracodeine every 4 hours and Paracetamol in between plus 70mg of Amitriptyline at night.

I have finally got a doctors appointment for Friday because I can't take another 4 weeks of this pain before the Gabapentin starts to work!

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could ask my doctor? I'm willing to try anything to take away the pain and to get at least one nights sleep!

C x

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • so sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time, i am on tramadol and take paracetamol at the same time as it boosts the effectiveness. sorry i can't be more help but i am sending healing hugs J

• Thank you, I got 30/500mg of Cocodomol to try and they seem to be giving me a better sleep which is good! x

• Ask if there are any other painkillers that might help in the meantime eg patches or TENS machines.

Your situation sounds awful C - I expect your Uni work is stacking up too ... try not to let that stress you as you can always ask for extentions due to medical reasons.

I wish I could wave a magic wand - but I've said a little prayer for you and asked Jesus to help you (hope he is paying attention lol).

((((( gentle hugs )))))

Julie xx

• Hi Julie,

Thank you for your message. The doctor prescribed 30/500mg of Cocodomol which seem to be helping a little better! I've been using my tens machine this week but is awkward to wear when out and about or at uni :( .. & I've had a break from Uni work this weekend and looking forward to my birthday on Monday! I also have an appointment on Tuesday to have a look at getting extensions for coursework and more time for exams :)

Hope your having a good weekend, C xx

• Sounds like you are having such a bad time of it. I have nver had those types of painkillers so I cannot help on that one. In fact I am n ot on any painkillers because they can cause problems with other health problems that I have. I do hope your appointment goes well and I can sympathise on the lack of sleep part xxxxx

• Hey,

Thanks for you message! Aw how do you manage your pain? If you don't mind me asking. My appointment went well and got strong cocodomol to try which have help a little bit!

C xxx

• Hi Charlie-red, I hope you manage to get some relief from your pain soon. I will send you Reiki healing using Puss in Boots

Storm x

You may also like...