Numbness in body

i have severe numbness through out the body for over two years now. I was told that i have compression on a nerve in the neck, they cant operate because of where it is but this causing problems with sensations in the body.

I started taking medicine but it has no effects at all. I had edpiral in the neck at the pain clinic but it has made difference at all, the same with the medicine.

Was wondering would the numbness be the problem.

I have major problems sleeping.

Any advice would be great.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HI josie,

I have problems sleeping too so itake amitriplyn at night. Have you tried that?

Thats the only thing that has helped me but i know somepeople cannot take it as it makes them too groggy in the morning.

With the numbness, i have numbness in my big toe and my hands especially my finger tips and my lips and chin go numb (like anistetic is wearing off). But that comes and goes. I have no idea why.

I have tingling in my feet constantly too.

I have no idea what will help with the numbness, i hope someone comes along with some advice.

hugs, kel xxxxx

• Have taken Ami at 10mg and then increased it to 40mg but it had no effect with the pain or sleeping, it was like taking nothing. I was wondering if the numbness throughout the body as i have it in the head as well would cause this problem as i had edpiral in the neck at the pain clinic and it has had no effect at all. I have the numbness so bad that i dont always get the sensation to wee.

I have tingling down the arms and body constant some days and have it as soon as i lie down in bed and in the face and lips.

You may also like...