Results

I hope everyone is feeling OK today? I've been having lots of problems lately which my Gp has ordered tests for. I have been asked by some of you what my test results were. 

MRI - brain lesion 

EEG - abnormal theta brain waves when awake

Sleep Deprived EEG - awaiting results

Bloods - very high markers on CRP and ESR (these markers mean lots of inflammation) but do not state where the inflammation is situated 

Thyroid test - finally within the range of normal

I have another full blood test scheduled for next week. I hope to get a definitive diagnosis soon but as brain lesions are not associated with fibromyalgia I fear it will be multiple sclerosis. I'm not sure about what other tests apart from a lumbar puncture are required? Feeling very sad at present but sending love to all x 

Last edited by

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I hope you get a diagnosis soon as I think it will help you.Appears gp has covered all bases.Good luck.Peck🌻

• My thoughts are with you. Sending soft gentle Hugsand positive vibes. 

• You have been through the mill you poor thing. I am so sorry that you are having to wait, yet again, for a definitive answer. I really can't do anything to help except let you know that I'm listening and please let me know how you get on. My thoughts are with you 💐🐸

• Oh goodness Mandy. What an absolutely dreadful time you're going through at the moment. Do you know how long you will have to wait for your diagnosis?

I very much hope that it is not MS. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

I wish there was something I could do to cheer you up.

Sending you many gentle hugs and kind thoughts winging their way to you.

Lu xx

• Hi my friend,

I am so genuinely sorry to read this and I sincerely hope that you can get a diagnose one way or the other very soon. My wife has Primary Progressive multiple sclerosis as she has many lesions on her brain.

Usually a single lesion is not classed as MS, as there are other medical conditions that have these lesions. I have pasted you a link below to the NHS Choices cache on MS.

nhs.uk/Conditions/Multiple-...

The next step in a diagnosis for MS would almost certainly be a lumbar puncture. It would appear that quite a few of your tests results are abnormal, and would need further exploration?

I want to genuinely and sincerely wish you all the best of luck. Please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

You may also like...