Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,677 members50,939 posts

Live in Portsmouth, Fareham,Gosport area? Can you take part in a survey?

There are three local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) serving Portsmouth, Fareham and Gosport, and South Eastern Hampshire are looking at the way the local NHS cares for people who have hurt themselves after a fall, and to do this we need to hear feedback from patients and/or carers about how services currently operate.

Falling over can have devastating consequences for many people – potentially causing injury, reduced independence, or a loss of confidence – and so it is essential that we make services as good as they can be. There are lots of good services out there – encompassing everything from the immediate emergency response at QA to longer term rehabilitation and medication to help prevent another fall – but there may well be improvements which can be made.

NHS representatives are talking to people in small groups to have in-depth conversations about how current services work well, and how they can be improved, and are also in contact with key groups such as the National Osteoporosis Society. In addition, we are also running a very quick survey to give us a broader sense of how well patients/carers feel that the local NHS cares for people after a fall.

If you have needed NHS care yourself after a fall, or if you care for someone who has, then please either fill in our online form at or call 023 9268 4821 to request a paper copy.

In addition, if you know of any friends, relatives, or acquaintances who might also be able to contribute their views, then please pass this message on to them. That would be enormously helpful, and greatly appreciated. We would like responses back by the end of October, to allow us to analyse the feedback and use it to help improve services.

1 Reply

What a shame it is not in my area? I had my really bad fall lat November and this would have been excellent?

Thanks Emma

Kenny x x


You may also like...