Fibromyalgia Action UK

Can I claim any kind of benefit if I can't work due to Chronic Pain and I live with a partner?

I'm struggling to work at the moment and no pain killers help me work through the pain. I had to quit college and then I got a part-time job but week later I am off sick as I can't deal with the pain. I live with a partner so I really doubt that I can apply for anything but can anybody advise where I could look for low physical activity work or any ideas of what I can do to make myself some money to have some independence and pay my bills. I can't handle living like this forever. I've yet to have a definite diagnosis of fibromyalgia only a few suggestions from two doctors.

2 Replies

Hi Ninjacat71

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? I am so sorry to read that you are struggling so badly with your pain levels and I genuinely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to this issue.

The DLA (Disability Living Allowance) is now being replaced with a new benefit called PIP (Personal Independence Payment), and this is a non-taxable benefit meaning that anybody who has a disability can put in a claim whether they are working or not. I have pasted the link for this below:

If you find that you are unable to work at all, you can apply for ESA (Employment Support Allowance). I have also pasted you a link for this below:

I want to wish you all the best with your claim.

Take care



Hi sorry to hear you are in so much pain I know what its like I was diagnosed by a physiotherapist with fibromylgia so ask your doctor to refer you to one I am on high rate DLA but I also now have cancer :( good luck please let the us know how you get on .

Kind Regards



You may also like...