Social Media Coordinator Volunteer Role Description
FibroAction is a small national charity committed to supporting people affected by fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a widespread chronic pain condition for which there is no cure and no designated treatment in the UK. Fibromyalgia is a common condition: there are up to 2.7 million, or one in 24 people, fibromyalgia sufferers in the UK.
FibroAction’s work can be divided into three key areas:
1. Providing evidence- based, up to date and accurate information about fibromyalgia, diagnosis, treatment, care and other support under the Department’s of Health Information Standard quality mark. Our well researched information supports the NHS and can be found on NHS Choices website. We are the only specialised organisation to provide accurate information about fibromyalgia under the Information Standard mark.
2. Peer to peer support: we provide an online community forum which offers peer to peer support, information, advice and signposting where people affected by fibromyalgia share their experience and provide informal support. Over 800 people use this tool to help them cope with their chronic condition
3. Providing one to one information, signposting and support by telephone and email by our dedicated volunteers.
Time commitment required: flexible
Purpose of the role
* To create and maintain a network of information and contacts through a variety of social networking sites, such as facebook and twitter.
* To act as a point of referral for users of these sites to get help and information FibroAction.
* To promote FibroAction’s work and the opportunities for volunteering at FibroAction.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
* To build, maintain and moderate an online presence for FibroAction in the main social networks.
* To compile and channel information between FibroAction and the members of social networking sites.
Personal skills and qualities required:
* Experience and understanding of the use and management of a social networking space.
* Good use of it systems including email website navigation etc.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of FibroAction
* Excellent written communication skills
* Ability to communicate clearly
* Ability to sift through information and extract what is relevant
* Respect for views, values and cultures that are different to their own
* An understanding of why confidentiality is important
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to recognize their own limits and boundaries in the role.
If you are interested in this role or would like to discuss the potential for volunteering in more detail please contact Ella Vine at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send to Ella your CV, a short cover letter (no more than one page) why you are interested in the role. If you will be successful we will ask you to provide us with contact details to two independent referees. Referees could be your recent employer, lecturer or other person in professional capacity who knows you well.