160g caster sugar
240g plain flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3/4 cream of tartar
1 tblspn cinnamon
1 1/2 tblspn caster sugar
1. Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla (I mix together) to mixture and beat together.
3. Sift the remaining ingredients together and slowly add to mixture.
4. Mix until dough forms. Place in a bag and put in fridge for 30-40 minutes.
5. Mix the coating ingredients together.
6. Break the dough into small balls, about inch across, or whatever size you'd like, the mixture spreads a little.
7. Roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar so they are coated completely.
8. Place the coated balls onto a lined baking tray. Leaving an inch or so between so they can spread.
9. Place in oven, 170C, 150C fan, 325f, gas 3, for about 10-15 mins or until the snickerdoodles are a light golden colour.
We found these in Florida. Hope you enjoy these, they are very popular in this house.