i am in the wrag group but want to see if i can get into the support group as my rhummy dr said i have it all across neck left collar bone shoulder and am having trouble and in so much pain but dont see how can get a job with all this pain as every job involves ur hands and arms so what do i do anyone tell me how to go about it plz thanks x

5 Replies

  • I'm afraid you will have to start the process all over again to my knowledge, filling in the ESA50 form, forgive me if I'm wrong. perhaps you could have a word with the person at the Jobcentre that deals with you over the WRAG and they may be able to short cut it by reapplying with your updated medical status.

    Good luck and best wishes

    Foggy x

  • Hi esa, haven't seen you for ages, how are you doing ?

    Foggy x

  • Nil illegit....etc......exactly esa, good to see you though, it's been a long time....too long....take care of yourself :-)

    Foggy x

  • I too have exactly this prob. & was retired cos of it in 2000. I'm in WRAG, but gave up appeal after being reassessed twice, when they finally explained that if I could lift a half litre carton once, or press a button once, no matter how long it takes, I'm well enough for WRAG. They also all agreed I'm too ill for paid work & I'm never likely to be well enough! Basically, the criteria for the SG don't take account of how often or how quickly you can do things. Don't let this put you off, though, as we're all different & so are the assessors. Good luck!

  • The descriptors for the SG are really tough but it's worth trying to get welfare advice from an expert if you can. Please look into regs 29 and regs 35 where you can get into WRAG or SG even if you don't meet the descriptors. It is best to have medical back up from someone who knows you who will verify that your mental or physical health could be at risk if you're found fit for work (WRAG) or work-related activity (SG).

You may also like...