Not sure if this is a question or a blog? Do you get sick during a flare?

Hi everyone. Hope the heat is soothing your FM rather than irritating it. I have been off work this whole week with severe nausea and vomiting - I couldn't keep sips of water down. They were going to admit me to hospital at one stage because I wasn't keeping any if their meds down and nothing was working.

I had blood tests and stool samples, etc, etc but they all came back clear.

Its just a thought, but I have been rather hectic at work (albeit part time) and I wondered if this sickness could be part of a flare-up?

When I first got FM symptoms I was sick the same way, so I just wondered if this is common?

Gentle hugs to all.

Last edited by

2 Replies

• It is not that usual Cry baby do you think you could have had sunstroke or heat stroke. That would certainly make you sick and nauseous.

If all your tests were clear I think the heat must be the culprit. Drink lots of water dont dehydrate in this weather we need extra fluid Take care xgins

• Hi Gins,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm really not sure. It obviously has been really hot, but the nausea and vomiting had been for a full 3 weeks in total, with this last week being the worst.

I suppose it could be something to do with the heat, but I'm from South Africa - I have had worse heat than this most of my life.

I just thought there might be a small link between a flare-up of symptoms and this vomiting too.

I hope no one else has this problem - it's awful!

Thanks again,

Gentle hugs.

You may also like...