Fertility Network UK
18,578 members29,217 posts

10dp5dt and struggling

Hi Guys,

I’m 10dp5dt with 2x 5aa embabies and I’m struggling today. My OTD is Monday. My husband and I took the day off for the testing aspect but I don’t know if I can go through with it. Crying as I type because we’ve waited 12 longs years. I was thinking so positively until reality hit me today that it might not go the way we want it AGAIN!!

I have so much going on next week especially with work that I really can’t afford to mentally check out if the result is negative. I’m thinking maybe I should wait until the weekend to test.

Anyone have any advice?

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Could you test today or tomorrow to give you more time to process the result? I know that’s really naughty advice.

Otherwise, I personally know I wouldn’t be able to focus on work if I could have tested and didn’t... I find not knowing to be the hardest part.

3 likes

Yes I would test now on a FRER I know that's naughty but at least you have the weekend to process whatever the result! I really hope you get a BFP! 😘

1 like

I would say that you’re safe to test tomorrow. In 5 twws our otd is always 11dp 5dt. I’m not sure why some clinics make you wait longer 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good luck for testing xx

1 like

Thanks Tugs.

1 like

🤞🏼For you.

Would you be able to wait until the weekend? If so, then I think that sounds sensible. I don’t think I would be able to, though. Last time I waited until the day after our official date, so my partner could be with me, and waiting that extra 24 hours was torture. I just don’t think I could’ve waited a full 5 days!

But if you can, then I think it’s a good plan. This and your mental health is more important than work, though. So if you need to check out, or call in sick, then please do!

1 like

Thank you

Is there any point in doing a test early? My clinic told me it would just be negative if you do it before 2 weeks.

Our clinic says 12dp5dt

By 10dp5dt you should see something on a hpt even if faint. We get tested 9dp5dt via blood test by our clinic xx

Been there done that. By 10dp5dt on my first cycle test was negative and I was heartbroken and by 12dp5dt it was positive but it sadly ended in a miscarriage so I’m inclined not to test earlier than what my clinic says and test later.

1 like

Sorry about your miscarriage. Good luck

1 like

My clinic say I have to test 10 days after transfer if it is a 5 day transfer. Everything crossed for you xx

1 like

Thanks, our clinic says 12dp5dt.

Good luck lovely xx

1 like

You may also like...