Fertility Network UK
13,880 members22,815 posts

Mother’s Day poem

A friend of mine who struggled for 9 years to have her first born through IVF. And her IVF after brought her gorgeous twin girls. She found this poem once and shared this morning. I thought I’d share it too.

“Happy Mother's Day”

It comes around every year;

but when you have empty arms, it's very hard to hear.

It's a day to celebrate a mother, for all that she done;

and a reminder to an infertile

of the battle she has not yet won.

But what really makes a mother, Is it just conception and birth? Or is there something more, that shows a mother's worth?

It's putting your child first,

in everything you do; it's sacrifice and determination,

and love and patience too.

An infertile woman makes all her plans, around a child not yet conceived; she loves them even though they aren't here, more than she ever could have believed.

She appreciates and understands, what a blessing that children are; she works hard for just a chance,

that motherhood is not that far.

All odds are stacked against her, and yet she still has hope; everyday is another struggle, finding ways to help her cope.

So even though her arms are empty, she can still be a mother too; So say a special “Happy Mother's Day”

for those waiting for their dreams to come true!

Fingers crossed ladies. We all want to experience a different Mother’s Day next time round xxx

23 Replies
oldestnewest

Awww. That is lovely. Thank you for sharing xx

1 like

Lovely poem Emu - thank you xx

1 like

That's lovely xxxx

1 like

Oh. My. Word. Beautiful. I am in a puddle 💕

1 like

You and me both! x

1 like

😘😘

1 like

thank you - it’s reassuring when others get it xx

1 like

Thanks Mrs Emu. Had me crying 😢 but it’s beautiful. Feeling very emotional today.xx

1 like

I’ve had a little cry too. For those two embryos that never made it past week 7. I didn’t realise how emotional i would be today xx

Big hugs.xxx it’s a tough day. We’re always having to stay strong and put a brave face on but sometimes it’s good to have a cry.xxx

That’s so lovely 😘

1 like

1 like

Such a true poem. Made me cry. Thanks for sharing xxx

1 like

Had a good old blub over that!! 😪

1 like

😢 beautiful poem thank you for sharing! Mother’s Day is one of the hardest days of every year 💐 xx

1 like

Lovely poem! Here's to us all achieving our dream!xx

2 likes

Come on 2018! x

1 like

Beautiful poem xx

1 like

I cried today and I’m 23 weeks pregnant. My friend sent me a text saying happy mothers day and it hit me how lucky we are that our 4th ivf round worked xx

2 likes

Keep giving us hope Blondy xx

i just noticed i put happy birthday ??!! i meant mothers day !!

Beautiful! Xx

1 like

How beautiful 💜

thank you for sharing. Xx

1 like

You may also like...