Fertility Network UK

Blood is not good, right?

Hi, I’m new to this forum and I’m hoping for some ideas. We’ve just completed our second IVF treatment, this time a FET. I tested positive on the due date but have been bleeding since then. 4 days, red blood, cramps, not enough to fill a pad but a LOT like a period. I don’t feel pregnant anymore and so I’m sure this is a chemical pregnancy (or worse, ectopic). The clinic said to keep taking the drugs and to test again a week after the bleeding stops. After the 2ww this feels like prolonging the agnony!

Is it possible to have red bleeding and still keep the pregnancy? If not, at 4-5 weeks, how long does it take for the HCG to leave my system?

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I had bleeding at 6 weeks and all was fine. I know that’s not always the case but I hope everything is ok for you. It’s a good sign you’re not filling a pad xx

1 like

Fredaflintstone thank you, in all honesty I don’t feel pregnant, but it’s nice to have a little hope. I honestly thought the uncertainty would be over at test date!

Hang in there. I know it’s hard but I think it has happened to quite a lot of people on here so there is hope xx

1 like

Hey hun read my last post there's a lot of hopeful stories on there. Mine isn't sadly but Im not an ivf lady a lot that have positive stories that bleed are ivf ladies. Good luck hun hope your one of them miracle stories.💗💗🤗😘😘

1 like

Keeping everything crossed for you that all be well xx

1 like

I’m now 5 days past the official test date and have been bleeding for 9 days straight! Pregnancy test still showing BFP 2-3 weeks. Going in for a blood test on Mon & Wed to test my hcg.... I just don’t see how this can be viable with the bleeding. It’s such a cruel wait :(

Can anyone tell me how long it has taken to get a negative test after a chemical pregnancy?

I’ve had three miscarriages, two of them missed miscarriages with no bleeding so I can’t really advise you on the hcg in your situation. But, I really hope that this is just a nasty scare and that all is well with your little one. I’ll keep everything crossed for you xx

Thank you Tugsgirl x

1 like

Fingers crossed all is ok for you hun xx

1 like

Thank you bumpkin - you too! Hope you get your BFP x

1 like

7 days past the official test date and I’ve now been bleeding for 11 days. Finally my hcg has dropped enough that, while the hpt still says Pregnant, I am now only 1-2 weeks. That’s the clear I sign I needed so that I can stop the progesterone and move on. I am so sad that this became a chemical pregnancy... my second CP in a row 🙁

This is such a hard process, emotionally and physically, it’s hard not to be upset, even though in my heart of hearts I knew it was coming.

Wishing everyone starting out on fresh cycles all the luck in the world xx

I’m so sorry. :(

1 like

I’m sorry to read this, it’s so hard and so very sad. Be kind to yourself lovely xxx

1 like

You may also like...