I had excision with stripping of bilateral endometriomas last November. I recovered really well but my pain returned a couple of months later.
I have recently had an ultrasound scan which showed a 1cm endometrioma in my left ovary and a 5cm one in my right. All of my pain is right sided and it's worse than it's ever been. I'm currently mid-flare up and I'm in agony.
However, my husband and I have recently been called forward for IVF, which we've been waiting a long time for. Just wondering if anyone has had experience of IVF combined with endometriomas and how did you find it? Or did your consultant suggest they were removed prior to starting?
I'm in a dilemma in that I don't want to wait any longer for IVF and I'm concerned about my egg reserve diminishing with more surgery (I'm 36 and not getting any younger), but I'm not sure I can live with the pain either. I'm also concerned that IVF might exacerbate my symptoms.