Rest in peace my little Lilly Munchkin

Rest in peace my little Lilly Munchkin

Today after a "routine" spay my little Lilly Munchkin passed away. As you all know, my other half bought her for me when we lost our Babba Bean. I can't tell you how much she helped to fill that hole, that aching in my heart. Today that hole is bigger than ever. I hope that wherever our Babba is, that Lilly is there to keep it company. I love you so so much Lilly, I hope you knew just how much πŸ‡ xxxxx πŸ’•

82 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Oh my god how terrible :( horrible news for you.. i know how sad it is to loose pets-even little ones. When my guinea pig died i was devasted too xx hugs xx

• Oh, I'm so so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of love and hugs to you xxx

• I don't know how much more I can take

• Oh Tugsgirl :( big hugs. What an ordeal for you. xx

• Oh Tugsgirl, I'm so sorry to hear about Lily xxxx

• Oh my god what more can you take that is so sad!! I'm crying just thinking about you. Life is rubbish but It will turn around one day! lots of love xxxxxx

• Oh gosh no I'm so sorry Hun, what another horrible blow for you πŸ˜” Life is so bloody cruel. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now so just sending hugs ❀️I bet they're playing together somewhere wonderful where all this bad stuff doesn't happen xxx

• Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear that. What awful news. I am thinking of you x

• Omg Hun I can't believe. 😫

That's absolutely devastating news gurl. I'm in tears thinking about u . I love pets so much and d pain associated that I never had d guys to have my own as I will not be able to take it . Please take care my dear .

Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• I'm so sorry to read this. Thinking of you and hope in time you will find strength. Take care of yourselves and each other xx

• Noooo! I'm so sorry Vicky ☹️ Sending you a big hug xxxxx

• Oh Tugs, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Your post made me cry as I know all you've been through which makes this all the more cruel for you both.

I'm sure that Lilly knows how much you love her, as she will always love you.

And you never know, a higher power may have a made Lilly a connection between you and Babba Bean so she could absorb your love on earth and take it to Babba Bean in heaven where Lilly will look after him/her til you meet again.

Big love and hugs to you, and wishes for brighter days to come xx

• I hope she knew just how very much she was loved, how she lit up my life in dark times. I would do anything to have her back home with me. X

• So sorry Vicky πŸ˜₯ my heart goes out to you. It's so heartbreaking loosing a pet and ontop of everything else you've been through it must be so hard. Sending a huge hug your way xxx😘

• Awww so heartbreaking and especially behind the reason you came to have Lilly. So sorry thinking of you xxx

• Lilly saved me when I was broken. Now I'm broken again xx

• Oh hunny I am so so sorry. I cannot understand how life can be so cruel to someone so strong and brave with all you've faced recently. Sending you huge love xx

• I don't know where I'm going to find the strength in the coming days. I'm sure I will somehow. I just don't know how. I just want the pain to go away xx

• So very sorry x

• Very sad to read this. Already ur goingbthrough so much heartace this is not fair. So very sorry. Lots of hugs coming ur way and kisses

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 😒 I actually have tears for you! I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe your babba bean wanted to be a bit closer to you, so took Lilly to keep each other company & they can share their stories of you. Big hugs! xx

• I just wanted to keep Lilly with me. Life is so unfair xx

• No!! This can't be! Oh Tugs, what awful news xx 😒 I feel so sad for you, your previous fur-baby! Don't know you but wish I could just give you a hug...I haven't got any words but you are in my thoughts...so, so sorry xxx

• Oh no so sorry to hear this life is so unfair xx

• So sorry 😞 Thinking of you xx

• Oh no! What happened? So sorry to hear this xxx

• She collapsed about half an hour after coming around from anaesthetic. They couldn't do anything for her. She was ok one minute and collapsed the next. I miss her so much tonight, I can't believe how much I'm hurting and how much I miss her. I just want her back home with me and I can't. I won't see her ever again. She was my baby. I don't know what I'm going to do without my little friend. It's bought all my pain back from losing our Babba xx

• Aw Tugsgirl, that really, really sucks. My dog nearly died when she was spayed...her heart slowed right down as she had a reaction to the meds but they were able to give her a shot of adrenaline in time. I remember how awful I felt then. You must be feeling a thousand times worse. You poor thing...jeez when will you get a break huh! Sorry I can't say anything to make it all better but I am thinking of you. If there is anything I can do/say to help, just let me know xxx

• She wasn't just a rabbit she was my friend and my baby and I'm lost without her xx

• I totally get that. I'd be lost without my dogs...we're all here to support you xxx

• I'm so sorry this is horrendous news, stay strong x

• Ah so sorry for your lost, I hope lilly has gone to look after your babba bean up in heaven, Rip Lilly 🐰 πŸ˜‡ big Hugs πŸ€— xxx πŸ’—

• I am so sorry Tugs, you have been through so much recently, I really hope you get a break now, there is not much more you could take, please take care xx

• I really can't take much more. I'm losing strength and hope xx

• Is there any way you could get a break away for a couple of days just to try and clear your head a bit?

Wish I could take away some of your pain, life can be so senseless at times xx

• We have already got a holiday booked in a lovely cottage overlooking the sea with my aunt and uncle in just over a week (they're kindly paying for us). Lilly was going into rabbit boarding and having a mini holiday too. X

• I think a cottage by the sea is just what you need right now lovey. Some fresh air and relaxation. Sounds perfect for what you need right now. Remember you have each other and what does not kill you makes you stronger, you guys will come out the other side xx

• I'm so sorry to read this. Thinking of you. 😘 xx

• Big hugs tugsgirl xx

• How awful! Thinking of you! Take care x

• How heartbreaking, I'm so sorry. They will be together enjoying a cuddle or two. God bless you and your husband.

• I'm so sorry to hear this :( xx

• I went to see Lilly this afternoon, to ask them why my little girl died. Just one of those things they say, doing well one minute, collapsed the next. It's so awful how life can be taken in the blink of an eye. I asked to have some time with her. I cradled her against my chest like I did the day I bought her home, like I had done every day. Her eyes were still open and looked so bright. I thought she would give me a gentle nudge with her nose like she always did, but of course she couldn't because my little bun was gone. She was getting cold and I tried to warm her. I took a breathe in of her fur, her fluffy bunny smell. One last time. I kissed her on the nose like I did every day and told her how much I love her. She'll never know how much I loved her!! I thanked her for helping me this past month. Now I'm hurting so bad. Now I've lost two babies in a month. I can't stop crying.

I'm having Lilly cremated and we'll bury her in the garden with our little Babba xx

• Teary reading this! πŸ˜” It seems like everything is going wrong for you right now.... but it will turn around ! I lost a pooch and then our little bunny shortly after and i did wonder how I was going to cope .... but just keep on. And day by day it gets slightly easier. Go for meals, visits with family, friends etc try and keep busy and make some happy memories to help mend your heart! ❀️ best wishes x

• I was thinking of you today, I have replied a few times to you, and my Daughter keeps in contact with you on here. Just out of the blue I was wondering how you were, I am so sorry that you have had more upset, life is not fair sometimes, and you have had so much to deal with recently. I hope and pray for things to get better for you, I really do, take care xxxx

• Thank you for thinking of me x

• Oh I'm so sorry to read this, I can't believe that life can be so cruel xxx sending love πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

• I'm so sorry! After all you have been through you must feel like sitting down and saying 'It's just not fair'. You know how strong you have had to be over the last month and hopefully that strength will get you through after the initial shock and sadness x

• I'm so lost

• Xxxxxxxxx

• Awww no ☹ so sad and shocked to hear this .

Sending you hugs xx

• Oh no, very sorry to hear! Sending you strength and hoping things turn around for you! xx

• Oh no πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ I'm sorry xoxo

• Oh Hun I am so sorry! Why is life so cruel at times! 3 weeks before we lost Harrison our 3 year old lab died very suddenly and u just can't believe it when u loose them both. Be kind to yourself Hun massive hugs to you today xx

• I'm sorry for the loss of your fur baby at such an awful time xx

• Omg this is so horrible, after everything you've been through...I really feel for you...can't even think of anything to say to make you feel better...other than the clichΓ©d 'things can only get better'. We're all here for you xxxxxxxx

• I am so sorry for all your sadness. My heart is aching for you. Sending you so much love and support xx

• Oh Vicky, I'm so sorry. X

• Oh no am so very sorry to hear this - am sure Lilly knew how loved she was - thinking of you xxx

• Aww so sorry Tugs, words can't express how devastated you must be feeling, we are all waiting to support should you feel the need to talk.

• I was distraught yesterday. I've barely slept and today I can't even fix my eyes with makeup as they're too swollen. I'll have to wear sunglasses all day 😞 Thank you sanj

• Awww your welcome, no need to thank, just lol after yourself

• Still crying this morning. How do I fix this? I can't go out and feed her and pet her. I can't text my other half during the day to ask if she's happy and if he's petted her for me. I can't bring her inside when I get home and watch her roll around on the sofa and follow me everywhere I go, my little shadow xx

• Our back garden is turning into a cemetery with our lost babies and it's breaking me x

• Awwww Vicky Im so sorry to hear that you've lost little Lily too! So heartbraking after your very recent loss of your little one! Im thinking of you and sending you both a massive hug. What a hell of a time of it for you both!xx

• It's so devastating. I'm distraught xx

• Oh Tugs I'm so sorry, I know how much you loved her and how much she was helping you find a way through the darkness. Your garden is a beautiful place for them and I couldn't think of a better place for them to rest, nice and close to their mummy. I grieved just as hard when my last dog passed as I did over my first miscarriage, the pain was so hard to deal with. Thinking of you hun, hope the break away next week helps you to heal xxxxx

• I'm sorry you lost your fur baby too 🐾 xx

• Thanks hun, she was an old girl but was my absolute rock who was with me through so many hard times! I have her picture next to my front door so she is always in my thoughts xxx

• I have a few pictures and videos of my short time with Lilly. We're going to get some framed xx

• That's a great idea. Chin up tugs, you will get there xxxxxx

• That's awful I'm so sorry πŸ˜” I know there's nothing anyone can say that will help just know you have everyones support x

• So sorry to read this....no words will help. Sending you big hugs xx

• Oh sweetie. All the sh*t happens at once doesn't it? So sorry for your loss - our animals are everything aren't they? Sending you lots of love xxx

• Oh my this is awful! I'm so sorry I remember reading your original post and was so excited for you as I am a big bunny lover too! This has brought me to tears why is life so cruel? Xx

• Awe I am so sorry to read this! I remember reading your posts and your strength made me smile as did your stories of Lilly. Such sweet words too. Thinking of you and sending hugs xxx

• Thank you. All the love I had for my baby I poured into Lilly, that's why it's so hard that I've lost her too. The only thing I can think to do is get another baby bunny because I have all this love and aching in my heart with nowhere to put it xx

• It's a cruel cruel world isn't it. I think all of us can think of at least once in this horrid journey when we look up to the skies and ask "why me again" and wonder how much more we can take. You go through hell and back yet something out there still thinks they can just kick you down again and I will never understand the reasons why. You have been battered from a great height once again and I hate how it's the nicest people in this world which it happens to, you certainly didn't deserve any more pain. All I can hope for you is then is one MIGHTY huge blast of happiness on the horizon for you, not only to give you some faith back in human nature again, but more importantly because you deserve it so much. It better be on that horizon soon and I'm sending out some serious angry vibes out into the universe here to say ENOUGH ALREADY GIVE US ALL A BREAK! Thinking of you lots and hope the rawness eases. Big hugs from the other side of the world to you xx

• Thank you for your support. I've asked myself this last couple of days what I've done to deserve the pain I've had the last month or so, am I cursed? Am I wicked? Did I do something in a previous life? Why my Lilly? She was just a little rabbit. Getting through each day is hard at the moment. I'm doing it though, somehow. I'm still aware of how lucky I am to have my beautiful OH and my loving family. I wish that thought alone was enough to stop the hurt. I'll get there... just don't know when yet xx

• I've asked myself those questions so many times too, I'm a good person & have always done right by others & I wonder why on earth I've had so much pain, there are no answers & I really feel for you, but please don't beat yourself up further by questioning yourself, you have done nothing wrong you're just stuck in one hell of a bad run. I don't know when or if things will get better, but I do know you should be exceptionally proud of yourself for continuing to fight as you are. I try & think if the lows reach these awful levels, then maybe the highs will be really high when they come. Thinking of you and hope things start getting brighter soon. I know what it's like and am sending big hugs x x

• I'm so sorry to read your post thats incredibly sad sendingyou lots of love xxx

• Oh no! Sorry to hear this Tugsgirl. Thinking of you xx

You may also like...