Non Medicated FET

Hi All, been lurking for quite a while and need a bit of advice.

I've just been told I can progress with my FET this month, I only have one frostie from my first cycle (I've had two fresh cycles but unfortunately both have failed). I was taking CoQ10 to prepare for a fresh cycle but this morning the doctor said I could do a funded FET before my 40th Birthday in a few weeks.

Should I stop taking the CoQ10 and is there anything else I shod be taking apart from Pregnacare conception? FET should be during the week commencing 6th Feb!

Thanks for any advice/help!

xxx

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I can't advise you but just wanted to wish you luck as I'm looking at transfer for my fet that week too 😊 πŸ€

• Thank you for your reply.

Is this your first FET? I feel so unprepared as didn't think they'd allow it under funding so was just going to pay for another fresh cycle due to my age and only one frostie. So I think I'm still shocked especially as doing a non medicated so got to let them know when I surge within next week, it all seems to be rushed but in a way suppose it's a good thing I don't have time to worry and stress!

Wishing you so much luck too, how many Frosties do you have? Xx

• Aww thank you. Good luck to you too! 😊 Yes first fet but I'm having a medicated cycle. My lining is not good by itself. We have 4 embryos but once they're gone we're out. We're paying for this fet and can't ever afford another fresh cycle x

• Fingers crossed this one works for you. Are you having one or two put back? Keep me posted on how you're getting on, we can be 2ww buddies! Xx

• That's a great idea 😊 My initial gut told me two but truth is now I just don't know lol. I had endo scratch on the 11th too. We will opt for embryo glue (we did with our fresh too). Just going to throw everything we can at this x

• Hi there,

I am 38 and currently 10+6 weeks pregnant from a completely natural FET after an unsuccessful fresh IVF cycle, so I can vouch that it works! All I took was folic acid and vitamin D. Good luck! Xx

• Oh wow congratulations on your pregnancy that's fantastic news πŸ˜ƒ.

Did you take progesterone after ET?

Thanks for giving me a positive story and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

• Thank you! No, I didn't take progesterone either - just completely natural apart from the folic acid and vit D. We have unexplained infertility and for me I think stress was a major factor and not having to muck around with all the medication and take all the time off work just took so much of the pressure off and I think that's why it worked. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!! Xxx

• That's amazing, I'm hoping I don't have to take the progesterone but if it helps obviously I'll take it.

I think this is what I'm finding so appealing as I felt so emotional and all over the place from the drugs before, fingers crossed I won't be so crazy this time! Good luck for your scan in a couple of weeks, look forward to hearing all about your journey xx

• I've just done a FET however ended in a chemical for me. Always had issues with womb lining thicknesses, so from day 1 of cycle I took 800 vitamin e, l'argine, zinc, selinuim and drank pure pommegrante juice ( Pom) all of which are meant to help lining thickness. I got to 8mm which was the thickest I have ever got too, so def think all the above helped. They all increase blood flow to the womb. Good luck for your upcoming cycle xx

• I'm so sorry to hear about your chemical, I hope you are bearing up as best as possible, do you have anymore frosties?

Thanks for the advice, I have read about l'argine but couldn't find it in Boots when I looked previously. xx

You may also like...