Donor Egg IVF UK or Abroad?

Hi everyone,

Following another disapointment and being unable to start short protocol with my own eggs, we are now seriously considering DE. Has anyone had donor egg ivf in the UK and can recommend a good clinic? Keep hearing about people going abroad and that some hospitals have links to foreign clinics (so prep done in uk but treatment is abroad). If anyone has researched this and can offer any advice I'd be really grateful. Thanks Xxx

Last edited by

14 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Hiya honey

PM me for some info. I did and currently 6 w3d with heartbeat seen 😬

• Will do, thanks a lot xx

• We stayed in the UK and used egg sharing for round 3 of ICSI. Unfortunately it was another BFN but DE have worked for other ladies. Good luck!

• Thanks for replying; so sorry to hear that it didn't work out this time. Wishing you lots of luck on your journey xxx

• If you consider de abroad, look at  (Poland). Although clinics have no links to the UK clinics, but they offer pocket friendly prices, state-of-the-art  labs, 1 week waiting time, high success rates and 3-visit treatment scheme . Clinics are very popular among international ladies. Friends of mine were lucky to got pregnant at the first try. All the best with your treatment. x

• Hi nicknick, Funnily enough the site for Polish clinic popped up when I searched the other day and all sounded good. Half the price of UK clinics for treatment we're after. Great to hear positive stories, thanks a lot xx

• Hello, Smith15! I guess I have some thoughts for you. We experienced egg donation abroad ourselves. We had been indecisive for a long period of time when got devastating news that my eggs were of no use and that we couldn't go on with them. But later happened to read so many positive thoughts as for abroad treatment that finally made the solution of favor of the Ukrainian one. Well there are so many clinics nowadays to choose from! But this one offered the most attractive DE programs as for us. It was a couple of years ago, actually sth might have changed up to this moment but I just have to share.

We booked 5 att program there for 9900 euro. The package price included also selective reduction and all needed meds. And the most important thing about it was that they would refund all money paid in case of 5 failures.

Ukraine gave us the opportunity to feel how it's like to be parents. Now happily bringing up our adorable son. (3rd cycle being a success!) Good luck and baby dust to all!!

• What was the name of the clinic you used thank

• Hi, hun! Sorry for being a bit late. It's Biotexcom in Kiev.

• We are afraid that we have had to edit and delete posts from this thread as they mention individual clinics. Whilst a request for feedback via the private messaging system is acceptable, we ask that comments are not posted on the community.

Please see our posting guidelines

• Sorry I don't have first hand experiences but personally I have been using fertilityfriends, eggdonationfriends and feritlityclinicsabroad- many comments and reviews, prices and success rates, discounted offers and useful info. Very best on your fertility journey

• Thanks  for your help alockie, good luck with everything xx

• We used donor eggs in uk and I am currently sat her feeding my 11 week old baby girl. Pm me for more info on clinic we used. It worked first time for us too x

• We also decided to go abroad for de ivf. We were looking for reliable clinic with affordable prices and professional doctors. I won't say it was easy. There so many scammers, who want to pull all your money from you. After reading hundreds of reviews and weighing all pros and cons we decided to go to Ukrainian clinic biotexcom. I've got pregnant from 2nd attempt. The clinic provided us with all needs. We were met in the airport by taxi driver. Then the taxi carried us across Kiev and to the clinic. We had an English-speaking manager. She translated everything for us and answered our questions. The clinic provided us with comfortable apartment and food supply. We were worring about nothing, but de ivf procedure. All these services were already included into our package. We paid only that single price €9 900 for everything. We had 5 attempts of de ivf. Also the clinic gives money back in case of failure of all tries. There were other packages too. ‘Economy’ contains 1 attempt and costs €4 900. One more is 'double package', contains 2 attempts, €6 900. And also there was a package with transfer from de ivf to surrogacy. I became a mother of a beautiful girl two years ago. I had an opportunity to give the clinic a list with features of desirable donor. My daughter looks like me. No one can ever tell she’s from donor. First of all pay attention to reviews, good and bad. Make some kind of list of all pros and cons. Browse official websites of preferable clinics. I advice you to contact clinics directly. Ask them questions, which interest you. Pay attention to their answers. I hope this info will help! Good luck with your search!

You may also like...