To test or not to test ?

Hiya ladies

I am struggling, if you don't count the first day of transfer I am 6dp5dt or 7dp5dt, feel no different, no symptoms as previously mentioned however no bleed, tiniest amount of brown discharge few days ago but that's it, a few shooting pains backache but that's normal, few odd nights, hot sweats again normal for AF and a little windy ( tmi I know ☺️)

Been on the 2ww 4 previous times and tbh they all feel the same. 

So my method is to test and pre-prepare myself for the BFN that is about to happen or just wait. OTD is Friday if doing a hpt or Wed if doing blood test.  DH took it badly last time and all previous times but as I had pre prepared myself I wasn't as bad.  Am trying to keep his feet on the ground but he will believe what he wants too.

Don't know what to do I know it hasn't worked but i am guessing it wasn't meant to be for us.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Tamtam,

I didn't really have any symptoms either,  a little bit of brown spotting and a few cramps on day 3, but this could have been from the progesterone. But i did get a BFP on my third go.

If you can, try and wait a few days before testing, as I think 7 days maybe a little early. I tested a little early as well to get my head around it, just in case it was a BFN.  OH was really annoyed with me that I tested early, all he could say was " Your not meant to test for another 4 days!!" lol, he did smile whilst saying it as it was positive.

Good luck in which ever you decide to do.  Got my fingers and toes crossed for you my dear.

Jx

•  Hey tamtam 

No advice just wishing you loads of luck x

• Hi Tamtam,

I answer to the first part of your post you don't count the day of transfer as a day. So if your transfer was a Sunday, Monday would be 1dp5dt.

When I was on my 2ww I found this link really helpful for stopping me testing too early bubblesandbumps.com/what-ha...  If you believe what it says then you shouldn't test until 9dp5dt.  Having said that, there are ladies on here that have tested earlier and got a BFP and there are others that tested on 9dp5dt, got a BFN and then went on to get a BFP a day or two later.  Good luck with whatever you decide, but if you do get a BFN please try not to be too downheartemed just yet and test again a few days later x

• Only you can really know what's best for you to do. Personally, I prefer to do early testing so that I can prepare my head for otd, but at the same time each day can change, so don't torment yourself with the result for that day x

• Try to hold out for OTD. Testing early might give you a false result and you don't want that.

• I always tested early on my last cycles and always came out with a BFN.... The paIn in my abdomen feels like AF is just arthe und the corner so am convinced now.  The needs for chocolate is also a major AF sign and earlier some brown again yet another AF sign not looking good at all.

• Hang in there, Tamtam. As Lynn says, 9dp5dt would be the same as being 4 weeks pregnant and some hpt start to pick up the pregnancy hormone at this point. I tested at 9dp5dt, with urine from very early in the morning (important if testing early). I got a positive and tested on official test date 4 days later. I got a bfp again but later that day bled and thought it could be all over, particularly as I started cramping later that week. But it was just one of those things and the pregnancy is going fine so far. What I would advise is not to continue testing once you've done the official test. Some people tend to keep testing to make sure their levels are still high but I think this could do you head in and my GP actually told me not to for that reason! Best of luck and if you decide to test, wait until the 9 day mark, which will bring you up to blood test day anyway.

• Thanks for the advice xx. Glad to hear yours is going fine xx

You may also like...