So it starts again

Been back on the gonal f since last Wednesday now and went for my first scan today was hoping since they started me on a higher dosage I might respond better. Having only got 5 eggs last time and a bfn. But it seems just as slow as last time. I'm already feeling bloated and aching and it seems likely I may have another 5 days of injections to go. Just feeling a little stressed and needed to vent! I do feel better now.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Bless you Lhow81 - I'm also on my second go ( first cancelled due to response of only x1 follicle). They've put me on a long protocol this time and my period is already 9 days late- been injecting for 14days already and not even made it to my x2 per day.

I know it's disappointing when there's low response, but keep in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and keep me informed how you go- XXXX

• Just looked that you were here 6 months ago too - keep strong XXXXXX

• Thank you Jo. I hope it works out this time for you. I never did the down regulation injections because of a low hormone result. Xx

• Yep- they out me on short first go and long this time around. Although they said, they thought short would be preferred ( my amh is 2.5).

I'm mentally preparing ourselves for DE programme and we're just considering how to raise funding. But have hope towards this round too.

Do keep in touch XXXXXXX

• Good luck girls... This is my second round of ICSI and I also have a low AMH.. sprinkling baby dust your way xxx

• Hi LHow81

I know exactly how you feel, I was so disheartened when at my 2nd scan, after taking Gonal F for 5 days, I was told that my body wasn't really responding. I think there must be something in the air at the moment as several ladies going to my clinic are responding extremely slowly.

Stick with it, I was doing Gonal F for 19 days and over the weekend everything going had a growth spurt! I went for my scan yesterday and I'm off for collection tomorrow.

I know it feels like it's taking forever, but keep your head high and take each day as it comes xx

You may also like...