Pain after and during colonoscopy is this... - Endometriosis UK

Endometriosis UK
45,575 members38,463 posts

Pain after and during colonoscopy is this normal?

Suzileverell
Suzileverell
5 Replies

Hello again,

I had a colonoscopy yesterday all was fine and nothing nasty was found. :D

But at different points of the examination was so painful I felt like passing out. It was the same sort of pain I get around period time. But yet the first half of the examination was pain free and I felt fine after. Today I feel so tired and my back and hips are really sore and I have a bad head ache. I feel like I'm on my period even though I'm not.

I have the day off work so that I'm able to rest. I was just wandering if this is normal? Xx

5 Replies
oldestnewest
AllthatGlitters

Hello I have had several colonoscopies in the past, 1 with no medication and the others with sedation. Did you get any of this?

With sedation you don’t feel a thing, are awake but are woozy. With no meds it’s excrutiating pain and unbearable so I understand how you feel today. Once the gas all goes you will feel so much better x

1 like
Suzileverell

I just had gas and air because I live quite a long way from the hospital and had to drive. It was so painful atsome points they nearly did sedate me and I was tempted as well but it just would of been tricky getting home. X

1 like
Ejblue

Mine was fine to start with and then the pain was absolutely unbearable - more when the camera passed corners. Also had gas and air as had to drive - but in future would definitely have sedation!!! The pain was horrific - and I consider myself to have a high threshold. Once everything passed I felt normal after few days. Felt fine after but then the gas left my with stomach pain

1 like
LovingVibes

Hi, I had sedation and felt everything! It was horrible. When I got home I had meds n passed out but the pain of the gas was the worst. I threw a teaspoon of Ajwan seeds and swallowed with a glass of water. The relief was great cos it’s a natural remedy for gas and sure did the trick!

I hope u feel better soon! 💗💗🙏🙏

1 like
Belle17

I felt like that during my colonoscopy. It felt very painful in places like the pressure pain I get at certain times of my cycle. I unfortunately had to go back to work the next day and was in pain for a week or so after it. I did have an unexpected amount of biopsies taken during the colonoscopy so I did need to heal but I was swollen, gassy, in pain and still suffering from the bowel prep. I will never have a colonoscopy again!

Hope you have had improvement x

2 likes

You may also like...