Endometriosis UK

Thought provoking article about depression

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share this thought provoking article about depression- something probably most of us have experienced as a result of endometriosis: theguardian.com/society/201...

The author’s points about a strong human need to feel their lives are meaningful - that we’re doing something with purpose that makes a difference- really resonated with me. He makes some interesting points about human needs for deep connection:

‘If you are depressed and anxious, you are not a machine with malfunctioning parts. You are a human being with unmet needs. The only real way out of our epidemic of despair is for all of us, together, to begin to meet those human needs – for deep connection, to the things that really matter in life.'

Hope you find it interesting too. Any thoughts- please share x

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Very insightful. Thanks for posting it. It does make you question some of the narratives in conventional medicine. They really don't have all the answers.

After unsuccessfully trying 7 or 8 anti depressants during my marriage breakdown 10 years ago I heartily agree . I set up dogs for depression website after I got more healing from rescuing an abandoned dog than I did medication or for that matter CBT.

I do get the winter blues though.

1 like

Wow Starry, thanks for sharing your story. Very inspiring. A reminder just how much we need companionship x

I get winter blues too, especially in January. D3 helps me somewhat to compensate for lack of sun:)

You may also like...