Endometriosis UK
34,658 members30,914 posts

Prepping for endo attack away from home over Xmas

What do you pack/ do to prep if you know you’re not going to be at home during a bout? Mine is bad during my period, particularly the first two days, which will fall on Xmas day at my boyfriend’s mother’s house. She knows I have endo, and is very sympathetic but it will be the first time I’ll be with more than just my boyfriend when I feel like knives are intermittently slicing my insides.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Buscopan x

1 like

Painkillers (My drug of choice is Naproxen but yours might be something different) and then I'd take wheat bag if you have access to a microwave, if not then places like Boots have heat pads for period pain, they stick on the inside of your knickers so very discreet. I could not cope without these things when my endo is bad. Just take whatever helps you, a favourite blanket or a favourite DVD. Oh when I'm in really bad pain I struggle to eat and can only manage snacky foods, so maybe take some of your favourite snacks if you're not up to eating every meal with everyone. I hope you have a nice Christmas and that your pain isn't too bad, it might surprise you and give you an easy month :-)

I hope so :) I’ve just been worrying as I’ve not been away during my period since the endo pains began. Aren’t those heat pads brilliant? I’ve started buying in bulk from Poundland. Thanks v much for sharing :) x

Sorry to jump in, but with regards to heat pads, if you have a local Bnm look in there. They have 2heat pads for £1 and Work the same as the expensive ones in boots. I have a stock of them. Sorry again? Just thought I would share the bargain. But definitely recommend heat pads and pain killers to help with endo pain.

2 likes

Love a bargain, thanks! X,

1 like

You may also like...