Endometriosis UK

Serious Endo pain in the night

Hi, wondering if anyone has advice for when their endo pain wakes them up at night? I have numerous 10cm cysts on both ovaries and also endo damage near my bladder and bowel and I'm awaiting my surgery (hopefully in a few months) I find that I can sometimes handle the pain more when it's in the day (specially cause I need to go to work) but the nights are draining me. I am waking up at stupid o'clock most nights because of the pain and I don't really know what to do. It seems the usual pain relief doesn't always help.

Any advice is welcome - what do you ladies do to distract yourselves?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Try a hot water bottle at night x

Thank you. Right now I feel like I need a never ending supply of water bottles x

1 like

hi. How you feeling? I was in a similar situation with large cysts attached to my bowel and womb and the pain was constast. Do you have a medication plan? I was seen by the local pain team to control the pain for the 3/4 months I was due to wait ( luckily my operation was bought forward).

was the pain very different from the discomfort in the day? I had sudden knock me sideways pain and a small cyst had ruptured and a large one was was bleeding into it's self, it took a week in hospital for the pain to get under control.

as well as the medication i found hot water bottles help and hot baths.

take care 😊 xx

1 like

Hello I'm feeling a little better thank you. I'm trying to control my situation as much as possible before I go to bed (what I eat, hot water bottle etc). I see a pre op nurse in a few days so I'm hoping that there will be some medication offered. The only thing the doctors have suggested is the contraception pill 😣

The pain is different and I have a feeling lying down flat makes it worse? I'm not sure if this is normal or just me being paranoid...

I get a lot of pain a work (I'm a jeweller so I have to bend a lot into cabinets) but luckily nothing as bad as the pain I had when I went to A&E ( one large cyst twisted round something and cut off blood supply).

Have you had your operation? How are you feeling now? Xx

1 like

Endo sisters call it painsomnia! welcome to the club 😔😫🎗

1 like

I'm just so glad I found these forums! It's nice to know others know what I'm taking about! Xx

1 like

hi how are you doing? Did you find the nurse helpful? You mentioned feeling it more when you lie down, I had the same thing I couldn't lie on either side as it became unbelievable painful within minutes and when I lay on my back you could feel the cyst it had gotten so big, it was at that point they bought my surgery forward as I had already been very poorly with a ruptured cyst in September.

I hope you have had some help with the pain.

xx

You may also like...